February 14th, 2018 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-253Be & TS-453Be NAS Solutions Now Available
QNAP has announced the immediate availability of their quad-core Intel-based 2-bay TS-253Be and 4-bay TS-453Be NAS devices, both of which are equipped with a PCIe expansion slot for M.2 SSD caching and 10GbE connectivity. The new TS-x53Be line features HDMI output and 4K H.264/H.265 transcoding for an enhanced multimedia experience as well as snapshots functionality to help protect data against ransomware threats. Storage space can also be easily expanded using an 8-bay UX-800P or 5-bay UX-500P expansion unit.
The TS-x53Be features an Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3 GHz), 2GB/4GB DDR3L RAM (up to 8GB), dual Gigabit LAN ports, and SATA 6Gb/s HDDs and SSDs. QNAP quotes both models with 225MB/s read and write speeds, while maintaining this performance when using the AES-NI accelerated encryption. The TS-x53Be series is also equipped with five USB Type-A ports, one of which is supplemented with the one-touch copy button.
In addition to its M.2 SSD caching, the new the TS-x53Be series supports Qtier auto-tiering technology for optimum storage utilization that small and medium business and organizations seek. Users also have the option to use the PCIe slot for a 10GbE 10GBASE-T/ SFP+ card, USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps card, or a QNAP QW-AC2600 wireless card based.
To complement its dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and transcoding, the new series features an integrated speaker for audio alerts and playback as well as a 3.5mm audio jack for easy dedicated speakers hook up.
Like all QNAP devices, the TS-x53Be benefits from the built-in App Center with apps such as IFTTT Agent, Qfiling, Qsync and Surveillance Station, the latter which offers 4 free IP camera channels (and up to 40 channels by purchasing additional licenses). Users can also host virtual machines and containers via the Virtualization Station and Container Station.
- TS-253Be-2G: supports 2 x 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 2GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-253Be-4G: supports 2 x 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-453Be-2G: supports 4 x 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 2GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-453Be-4G: supports 4 x 3.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch HDD/SSD, 4GB DDR3L RAM
- Tower model; Quad-core Intel Celeron J3455 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3GHz), dual-channel DDR3L SODIMM RAM (user upgradable to 8GB); hot-swappable 2.5/3.5-inch SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 2 x Gigabit LAN ports; 2 x HDMI v1.4b, up to 4K UHD; 5 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports; 1 x PCIe Gen2 x2 slot; 1 x USB-copy button; 1 x speaker, 2 x 3.5mm microphone jacks (supporting dynamic microphones); 1 x 3.5mm Line Out audio jack.
The new TS-x53Be series is now available.