May 8th, 2018 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-963X 9-bay NAS Now Available
QNAP has announced the immediate availability of their TS-963X 9-bay NAS, which is highlighted by an AMD quad-core 2.0 GHz processor, up to 8GB RAM (expandable to 16 GB), and 10GBASE-T connectivity that supports 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M connection speeds. This compact NAS houses five 3.5-inch HDDs and four 2.5-inch SSDs with high-performance, high-capacity storage potential. QNAP indicates that their new TS-963X is catered to small businesses and organizations looking to enhance their mission-critical tasks performance through increased data access efficiency and network transmission speed. The TS-963X is also VMware and Citrix ready and is Windows Server 2016 certified.
Like all QNAP solutions, the TS-963X runs the QTS NAS operating system. This versatile OS gives users an easy-to-use, yet comprehensive, set of storage management features. Applications include:
- Hybrid Backup Sync: backs up and syncs files with local, remote, and cloud storage
- QVR Pro: provides a professional surveillance solution
- Virtualization Station and Linux Station: allow users to host virtual machines that run Windows, Linux, or UNIX-like operating systems.
QNAP offers a plethora of more apps as well as from trusted partners from the QTS App Center.
- TS-963X-2G: 2GB DDR3L RAM (1 × 2 GB)
- TS-963X-8G: 8GB DDR3L RAM (1 × 8 GB)
- Tower model; AMD G-Series GX-420MC quad-core 2.0 GHz processor; DDR3L SODIMM RAM (two slots, user upgradable to 16GB); hot-swappable 2.5/3.5-inch SATA 6Gbps bays (five 3.5-inch, four 2.5-inch); 1 × 10GBASE-T port supporting NBASE-T; 1 × Gigabit LAN ports; 2 × USB 3.0 Type-A ports (one front, one back); 2 × USB 2.0 Type-A ports (back); 1 × One Touch Copy button; 1 × speaker; 1 × 3.5mm Line Out audio jack.
The TS-963X is available now.