October 2nd, 2017 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x31P2 & TS-431X2 SMB/SOHO NAS Now Available
QNAP has announced the release of their TS-x31P2 (available in 2-bay and 4-bay) and TS-431X2 (4-bay) NAS solutions featuring quad-core processors. Designed for SMB and SOHO users, both new series support Snapshots so users can restore the NAS to a previous state in the event of hardware failure or when suddenly hit by ransomware/malware attacks. The TS-431X2 also comes equipped with a budget-friendly 10GbE SFP+ port for “empowering containerized applications” through 10GbE networks.
Powered by a quad-core AnnapurnaLabs Alpine AL-314 1.7 GHz processor, the TS-431X2 features up to 8GB DDR3 RAM, SATA 6Gb/s drive support and two Gigabit LAN ports. Both series AES-256 encryption to help protect sensitive data.
TS-x31P2 and TS-431X2 support SSD caching for improved IOPS performance of storage volumes and to boost overall operational efficiency. The two new QNAP NAS solution also include QmailAgent for central mail management, Notes Station for collaborative note-taking, Qfiling for automated file organization and Qsirch for a full-text search engine.
TS-x31P2 Series Specifications
- TS-231P2-1G: 2-bay, 1GB DDR3 RAM
- TS-231P2-4G: 2-bay, 4GB DDR3 RAM
- TS-431P2-1G: 4-bay, 1GB DDR3 RAM
- TS-431P2-4G: 4-bay, 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Tower model; Quad-core AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-314 1.7 GHz processor, 1GB/4GB DDR3 RAM (supports up to 8GB); hot-swappable 2.5”/3.5” SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 2 x Gigabit LAN ports; 3 x USB 3.0 ports.
TS-431X2 Series Specifications
- TS-431X2-2G: 4-bay, 2GB DDR3 RAM
TS-431X2-8G: 4-bay, 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Tower model; Quad-core AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-314 1.7 GHz processor, 2GB/8GB DDR3 RAM (supports up to 8GB); hot-swappable 2.5”/3.5” SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD; 1 x 10GbE SFP+ port, 2 x Gigabit LAN ports; 3 x USB 3.0 ports.
The TS-x31P2 and TS-431X2 series are now available.