April 25th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x53B Series NAS Now Available
QNAP Systems has announced the availability of the new TS-x53B series, which is highlighted by a PCIe expansion slot for high-performing scalability and functionality that SMB and SOHO users need. Available in 2-bay, 4-bay and 6-bay models, the TS-x53B series is equipped with the 14nm Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor, upwards of dual-channel 8GB DDR3L RAM, and SATA 6Gb/s drive support with integrated dual Gigabit LAN ports. QNAP quotes their TS-x53B series as having read and writes speeds upwards of 224MB/s during AES-NI accelerated encryption.
Leveraging the PCIe slot, users can install the QNAP QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE LAN adapters for both improved performance and 10GbE 10GBASE-T LAN connectivity. Moreover, the NAS can be expanded with a 10GbE 10GBASE-T/ SFP+ adapter, a USB 3.1 10Gbps adapter, or a wireless adapter to satisfy a diverse range of business use cases. Storage can also be easily scaled via the company’s 8-bay UX-800P or 5-bay UX-500P expansion units or with QNAP VJBOD technology.
The TS-x53B series sports an all-new design, featuring a sliding cover, an OLED panel with dual-capacitive buttons and HDD drive bays with tool-less installation. Connectivity includes a USB Type-C QuickAccess port, an SD memory card slot, a front USB 3.0 port with copy button, and dual HDMI output that is compatible with 4K 30Hz displays. The TS-x53B series also comes with integrated speakers for audio alerts and playback, and a 3.5mm audio jack for dedicated speaker support.
The TS-x53B series runs on the recently released QTS 4.3.3 operating system, offering users handy applications for everyday tasks via the built-in App Center. This includes: IFTTT Agent, Qfiling, Cinema28, Qsync, Hybrid Backup Sync, QmailAgent and Qcontactz. Surveillance Station offers 4 free IP camera channels while QVR Pro (Beta) integrates video surveillance features into QTS for user-defined recording storage space, cross-platform client tools, camera controls, and intelligent storage management functions.
Key specifications of the TS-x53B models
- TS-253B-4G/8G: 2-bay, 4GB/8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-453B-4G/8G: 4-bay, 4GB/8GB DDR3L RAM
- TS-653B-4G/8G: 6-bay, 4GB/8GB DDR3L RAM
- CPU: Quad-core Intel Celeron J3455 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3GHz)
- Memory: dual-channel DDR3L SODIMM RAM (user upgradable to 8GB)
- Drive bays:hot-swappable 2.5”/3.5” SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD
- 2 x Gigabit LAN ports
- 2 x HDMI v1.4b, up to 4K UHD
- 5 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports; 1 x USB-C QuickAccess Port
- 1 x PCIe Gen2x2 slot; 1 x SDXC slot
- 2 x 3.5mm microphone jacks (supporting dynamic microphones)
- 1 x 3.5mm Line Out audio jack
- 1 x USB-copy button
- 0.96” OLED display with touch-sensitive buttons
- 1 x speaker
The TS-x53B series is now available.