November 13th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-x77 Ryzen-based NAS Solutions Now Available
QNAP Systems has partnered with AMD to create the high-end business TS-x77 series, which is touted as the world’s first Ryzen-based NAS solutions. Available in 6, 8, and 12 -bay models (TS-677, TS-877 and TS-1277, respectively), the new TS-x77 series features processors with up to 8-cores/16-threads (Turbo Core up to 3.7 GHz), SSD caching, and the processing power required for excelling under resource-demanding applications such as VDI, server virtualization, private cloud, and 4K video playback/transcoding.
The TS-x77 series includes models with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8-cores/16-threads) and AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (6-cores/12-threads) processors that support AES-NI encryption acceleration. It also features up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, two M.2 SATA 6 GB/s SSD for cache acceleration or high-performance storage pools, USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps Type-A and Type-C ports, and three PCIe slots for incredible expansion. Supported PCIe devices include a graphics cards, 10GbE/40GbE NICs, PCIe NVMe SSD, USB 3.1 expansion cards, and QM2 cards.
In addition, the TS-x77 is virtualization-ready for VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2 environments with the support of iSER (iSCSI Over RDMA). QNAP also indicates that the new the TS-x77 series will support the upcoming Virtual QTS, which allows users to run multiple virtual QTS systems on a single NAS for resources segregation benefits, flexible application deployment, and energy, cost and space efficiency.
Like all NAS devices from QNAP, the TS-x77 is powered and managed by the QTS operating system, which is currently in version 4.3. With the built-in QTS App Center, NAS devices have hundreds of install-on-demand apps available to expand their functionality and productivity.
- TS-1277-1700-64G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 cores 16 threads 3.0 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.7 GHz), 64 GB RAM, 550W power supply
- TS-1277-1700-16G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 cores 16 threads 3.0 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.7 GHz), 16 GB RAM, 550W power supply
- TS-1277-1600-8G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 cores 12 threads 3.2 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.6 GHz), 8 GB RAM, 550W power supply
- TS-877-1700-16G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 cores 16 threads 3.0 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.7 GHz), 16 GB RAM, 450W power supply
- TS-877-1600-8G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 cores 12 threads 3.2 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.6 GHz), 8 GB RAM, 450W power supply
- TS-677-1600-8G: 6-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 cores 12 threads 3.2 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.6 GHz), 8 GB RAM, 250W power supply
- Tower NAS; up to 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4x 16 GB DDR4 UDIMM RAM); hot-swappable 2.5"/3.5" SATA 6Gbps hard drives or SSDs; 2x M.2 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA 6 Gb/s SSD slots; 3x PCle slots (1x PCIe 3.0 x8, 1x PCIe 3.0 x4, 1x PCIe 2.0 x4); 4x Gigabit LAN ports; 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps ports (1x Type-A, 1x Type-C), 5x USB 3.0 ports; 2x 3.5 mm dynamic microphone jacks; 1x 3.5mm line-out jack, 2x built-in speakers
The TS-x77 NAS series is now available.