November 26th, 2012 by Lyle Smith
QNAP Turbo NAS V3.8 Firmware Update Released
QNAP Systems has announced new Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware, adding enhancements to Turbo NAS multimedia applications and new business features. Some of these new features include support for Windows 8, improvements in Turbo NAS multimedia capabilities, the addition of Surveillance Station Pro, and proxy client for flexible but secure Internet access in business environments.
New functionalities and improvements to various multimedia applications are also included in the firmware upgrade. Additionally, users will have more entertainment options from Photo Station, Music Station 3, Video Station, Download Station 3, and DJ Station. All Turbo NAS models using firmware V3.8 will have access to Surveillance Station Pro in the QPKG Center. It supports over 1,400 IP camera models, flexible camera access control, expandable channel license, multi-server monitoring, 5 alarm events and 7 event actions, intelligent video analytics, E-map, VMobile app for iOS and Android, and QNAP Surveillance Client for Mac.
Firmware V3.8 also provides proxy client support, which allows business users to easily access Internet resources in a network that uses a proxy server. This will enable users to conduct Turbo NAS firmware live updates, virus definition updates, and online installation of QPKG add-on apps in QPKG Center in a more efficient manner.
Additional features of the V3.8 firmware include:
- Windows 8 support: supports Internet Explorer 10, SMB/CIFS and FTP protocols, iSCSI target creation, and many of the Turbo NAS utilities such as Qfinder, NetBak Replicator and QGet
- Photo Station: adds multi-photo management function to efficiently manage bunches of photos
- Music Station 3: provides music library to easily play terabytes of songs and thousands of Internet radio stations
- Video Station: provides a platform to build a personal video website
- Download Station 3: a 24/7 download center with ease-of-use, download bandwidth control, and the supportive QGet utility
- DJ Station: a platform to channel personal music playlist through Facebook
- Surveillance Station Pro: supports over 1,400 IP camera models, flexible camera access control, expandable channel license, multi-server monitoring, 5 alarm events and 7 event actions, intelligent video analytics, E-map, VMobile app for iOS & Android, and QNAP Surveillance Client for Mac; One free IP camera license is available by default in Surveillance Station Pro; users can purchase additional licenses via online store or from QNAP resellers
- Web system setup: conveniently initializes the Turbo NAS via instructions on web setup portal without using an installation CD
- New application portal: a redesigned start page providing single sign-on for instant access to all authorized applications
- Proxy client: enables Internet access in the network behind a proxy server to perform firmware live update, virus definition update, and QPKG Center add-on installation
Pricing and Availability
The Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware is a free upgrade and available now for many Turbo NAS models.