April 13th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Qumulo Releases Second Hybrid Storage Appliance QC208
Qumulo came out of stealth last month announcing that they had created the world’s first data-aware scale-out NAS, Qumulo Core along with their hybrid storage appliance the Q0626. Today Qumulo announced a new 4U hybrid solution aimed at capacity-optimized large-scale deployments, the QC208.
As we said previously, Qumulo Core offers customers real-time analytics through a dashboard. Through this dashboard IT can track IOPS by client, path, and even find IOPS hotspots. Through this dashboard, as well as an integrated view of analytics, organizations will be able to see what data is most valuable and where it is located. It will also show who is accessing what files and what needs to be archived and what can be deleted. While this should increase workflow performance and storage efficiency, it also lets customers pinpoint exact problems and setup preventative measures. Qumulo Core is built off of Qumulo Scalable File System (QSFS). QSFS was built from scratch and designed to and designed to take advantage of the price/performance economics of commodity hardware, flash and dense spinning disk.
The QC208 is Qumulo’s second hybrid storage appliance. It is a 4U commodity hardware appliance providing 208TB of raw HDD capacity and 2.6TB of raw SSD capacity per node. A four-node cluster minimum provides 832TB of capacity at a low cost per terabyte. Scaling out is a simple as adding more QC208 nodes.
Benefits of Qumulo Core include:
- Real-time analytics – QSFS doesn’t just store data, but also curates and manages it
- Software-only solution – Qumulo Core runs on commodity hardware, on dedicated appliances, or in virtual machines
- Flash-first hybrid design – Maximizes both price/performance and price/capacity
- SaaS software delivery model – Pay-as-you-go for continual infrastructure software innovation
- No compromise storage – Optimized for the widest range of workloads and file sizes
- 100% programmable – Public and self-documenting REST API with interactive API explorer built into web UI
QC208 specifications per node:
- Connectivity ports: 4 x 40GbE QSFP+
- Management ports: 1 x IPMI 1GbE Base-T (RJ45)
- Drives: 13 x 200GB eMLC SSD, 26 x 8TB HDD (all hot-swappable)
- CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5 2620v3 2.40GHz 6-cores
- Memory: 128GB
- Raw storage capacity: 208TB
- Power supply: 2x750W (fully redundant, hot-swappable)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 7 x 19 x 29in (17.8 x 48.3 x 73.7cm)
- Weight: 150 lbs. (68kg)
- Power requirements: 100 – 240V, 50/60hz
- Typical power consumption: 4A @ 115v, 1.25A @ 240v
- Typical thermal rating: 480W (VA), 1,638 BTU/hr
- Operating temperature: 50°F-95°F (10°C–35°C)
- Non-operating temperature: -40°F-158°F (-40°C–70°C)
- Operating relative humidity: 8% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating relative humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Qumulo QC208 hybrid storage appliance is available for order and is expected to begin shipping in the second quarter of 2015.