August 16th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Rubrik Announces Its New Firefly Platform
Today Rubrik announced the world’s first cloud data management platform, Rubrik Firefly. Companies that leverage clouds will now be able to manage this service for data protection, search and analytics, archiving and compliance, and copy data management capabilities across all workloads. Rubrik is also announcing today that they have raised an additional $61 million in Series C funding.
Right-click and open in new tab for larger image
More and more companies are looking to utilize the cloud to reduce costs, Rubrik has jumped on this opportunity from its start with its products aimed at making it easier for companies to leverage cloud usage. With Firefly, Rubrik is giving customers new management abilities for their cloud usage. Rubrik’s Firefly is also embracing physical and edge workloads.
Benefits and features include:
- Instant Access – Rubrik delivers instant application recovery and predictive global search by unifying data locked within disparate application silos into one globally indexed namespace while leveraging zero-data cloning technology to enable on-demand copy data workflows.
- Automated Orchestration – Rubrik nearly eliminates daily operational management by enabling a single policy engine to orchestrate service level agreements across the entire data lifecycle. The Rubrik programmatic interface automates how data services are created, consumed, and retired across clouds.
- Security and Compliance – Rubrik secures data whether in-flight or at-rest throughout its lifecycle, regardless of location. The Rubrik platform delivers granular user provisioning and data permissions across all cloud data management workflows while providing automated compliance reporting to successfully complete various industry and internal audits.
- Physical Microsoft SQL Servers – Rubrik radically simplifies Microsoft SQL server protection with a single service level agreement policy engine to automate SQL server data management, and deliver application consistent, incremental forever, and point-in-time recovery (PITR) with intelligent log management.
- Physical Linux Servers – The Rubrik platform enables easy protection for physical Linux servers by enabling policy driven, incremental forever data management while providing global predictive search for instant access to file versions across clouds.
- Remote and Branch Offices – Rubrik extends data management to all business locations with Rubrik Edge. Delivered as a software appliance, Rubrik Edge retains the hallmark Rubrik simplicity while providing complete data protection to remote and branch offices.
Rubrik also announced an additional $61 million in Series C funding (bringing their total to $112 million so far). This round of funding was lead by Khosla Ventures with heavy participation from existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greylock Partners and angel investors. Rubrik states that their revenue has been doubling every quarter.