May 24th, 2016 by Chris Thomas
Samsung Doubles Capacity Of Its 750 EVO SSD
Today Samsung has announced that it is now offering a 500GB configuration of the 750 EVO SSD. Designed for builders and consumers alike, the newest version of the Samsung 750 EVO is an affordable entry-level SSD option that was previously only available in 120GB, and 250GB varieties.
For PC builders upgrading from an HDD, Samsung included its Data Migration and Magician software to make the upgrade as painless as possible. The drive also comes equipped with Dynamic Thermal Guard protection, the same AES 256-bit encryption found on its 850 EVO drives, and Turbo Write—which allows read/write speeds of 540MB/s and 520MB/s respectively when in use.
Samsung 750 EVO SSD 500GB Specifications:
- Capacity: 500GB of storage
- Transfer speeds: Read and write speeds of up to 540MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- Encryption: AES 256 bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE), TCG/Opal v2.0, IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s interface
- Memory speed: Samsung Nand Flash Memory Samsung 256MB DDR3
- Warranty: 3-year limited, or 100 Terabytes written
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price is $149.99
Availability and pricing
The Samsung 750 EVO is expected to hit shelves in early June, 2016 for a retail price of $149.99.