October 16th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Scality Announces Global Agreement with HP
Today Scality announced it has signed a global reseller agreement with HP. Not only does this agreement expand Scality Software Defined Storage Solution using HP's global reach, it combines Scality's RING storage software with HP's server hardware.
With the market demand for Software Defined Storage growing, the agreement between HP and Scality give customers an answer to their storage growth needs. Leveraging the different configurations of Scality RING software and HP’s SL4500 and DL380/360 product lines, the new petabyte-scale SDS solutions will address a broad range of enterprise and service provider use cases including Active Archives, Content Distribution, Web and Cloud Services, Distributed Computing, and Global Enterprise Cloud.
The combination provides high performance and low latency across large and small files, optimal support for bandwidth and IOPS focused workloads, Petabyte-scale and always-on availability. Scality doesn’t require add-on gateways and complexity to support NAS and file-based applications, is proven in many multi-petabyte production deployments, and RING runs on HP’s industry standard servers as an application. It supports current and future HP x86 hardware.
Scality RING benefits include:
- High availability, reliability and data protection that delivers peace of mind
- High performance — high IOPs, high throughput, and low latency
- Architectural design and APIs that ensure forward compatibility with new technologies and standards
- Scalability to meet growing data demands
- Ease of integration and quick deployments into existing environments
- Extremely cost efficient, with low overall operational costs
The new solutions are available now and will be sold by HP sales teams and channel partners worldwide.