May 20th, 2012 by Kevin OBrien
SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase 2012 Roundup
Over the last week StorageReview has been profiling the various presentations, technology and storage trends that resulted from this year's SCSI Trade Association (STA) Technology Showcase. The STA 2012 event highlighted the strengths of current and next-generation SCSI technology in everything from SAS cabling to new SCSI Express flash-based PCIe devices. Sponsors of the event included Amphenol, FCI, Fusion-io, HGST, HP, Intel, JDSU, LeCroy, LSI, Molex, PMC-Sierra, SanDisk, Seagate, TE, SerialTek, Toshiba, Western Digital and Xyratex.
Covering the 2012 SCSI Trade Association Technology Showcase, StorageReview broke down each of the demonstrations:
- SAS Goes the Distance: Direct Storage to Server Connections for the Datacenter
- Unstoppable Datacenter: Reliability and Availability - The Heart of Enterprise Storage
- Storage Tiering in a Flash - Tiered Storage Solutions with SAS
- "No Compromise" Performance: 12Gb/s SAS Designs Underway
- Storage Connectivity Solutions: Higher Density, Managed Interface
- Advancements in PCIe Storage: A Preview of SCSI Express
- Accelerating Remote Copy with Windows ODX: Multiple Demonstrations of T10's Extended Copy Command
STA 2012 showed there's tremendous growth potential with SCSI-based solutions in the storage market. Expect to see on-going coverage of technology we covered in upcoming reviews and news coverage on StorageReview over the course of this year.