November 10th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
SIOS Releases Version 3.3 Of Its SIOS iQ Machine Learning Analytics Solution
Today SIOS Technology Corp. announced the latest release of its machine learning analytics solutions, SIOS iQ 3.3. The latest release features better accuracy and precision in performance root cause analysis for VMware environments. This release also includes improved usability through dashboard enhancements and a graphical topological impact view enabling faster identification and resolution of issues.
As we first reported, SIOS iQ is an analytic platform that applies advanced machine learning analytics (advanced data analytics/Big Data approach) to broad data sets, including application and infrastructure data from third party tools and frameworks. Using SIOS iQ, IT will better be able to understand and explain behaviors and will learn how to predict the impact of changes and issues in dynamic virtual environments. SIOS iQ is updated in an ongoing fashion with the latest release improving precision and accuracy in identifying and resolving root causes of performance issues and another new release in the pipeline for later this year.
Version 3.3 includes:
- Immediate Time to Value with Best Practices Analysis – New best practices analysis feature enables SIOS iQ to provide insights on performance, efficiency, reliability, and capacity utilization immediately after implementation, accelerating its automated process of learning and characterizing behavior of interrelated objects in the infrastructure.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 (vROps) Event Injection –SIOS iQ enables vROps to display: high availability cluster health; host-based caching configuration recommendations; undersized VMs; and idle resources including snapshot and VM sprawl through its Environment Health map and issue display. With SIOS iQ, vROps users gain precise identification of performance issues, such as “noisy neighbors”, hardware degradation, and slow application performance with specific recommendations for remediation.
- Enhanced Performance Issue Event Correlation – SIOS iQ can now identify additional root causes of performance issues, including network anomalies (released in v3.2), newly provisioned VM(s), Live Migration of VMs, and under-sized VMs.
The next release, version 3.4, will include:
- Topology Impact Analysis View – SIOS iQ provides a dynamic, visual map of the VMware infrastructure showing interrelated objects (VMs, network, storage, and applications) and their interrelationships highlighting current status and highlighting anomalous behavior. Touch-enabled drill down screens enable IT to explore detailed root causes of performance issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Semi-Supervised Learning – IT staff can augment SIOS iQ’s understanding of both normal and anomalous infrastructure behavior by adding individualized parameters for increased precision and accuracy.
- Reliability Analysis for VMware HA – SIOS iQ enables users to ensure their VMware infrastructure is protected in the event of host failures. The SIOS PERC Dashboard reliability indicator shows the number of host failures that a cluster has sustained over time and indicates when there are not enough hosts to sustain future failures.
Availability and pricing
The SIOS iQ 3.3 is generally available today. The list price is $150 per month per host, paid annually. SIOS iQ is a subscription-based solution with 12x5 support. There is also a free, limited edition offered to test it out.
Version 3.4 is expected to be available by end of year.