August 22nd, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
SolarWinds Updates & Enhances Its Management Product Portfolio
Today SolarWinds announced that it has made significant updates and enhancements to its SolarWinds Orion Platform and its systems management product portfolio. The enhanced products in the portfolio include SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor, and SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor. The goal of these updates and enhancements is to enable IT professionals to better manage application-centric performance across hybrid IT infrastructures.
SolarWinds and its systems management portfolio, powered by the Orion Platform, are all about managing systems to make improvements and increases in efficiency. The company’s portfolio gives IT the ability to monitor, improve troubleshooting, capacity and resource optimization, and performance management in their resources. The enhancements made today build off of all of the above abilities making them easier to realize.
New portfolio upgrades include:
- PerfStack dashboard improvements: Provides operations teams with a single dashboard to view real-time application metrics, from web to spindle performance.
- Enhanced IoT device monitoring: Includes devices powered by Raspberry Pi, with new support for ARM-based Linux in the monitoring agent.
- Optimized virtual resource performance and virtualization management: Provides operation teams with the ability to apply multiple predictive recommendations at once based on historic trends, with action policies for virtualization management.
- New deep storage monitoring support: Supports IBM DS 8xxx, IBM FlashSystem A9000, and A9000R, NetApp EF, NetApp AFF, EMV VMAX3; there are also improvements in hardware health monitoring for storage devices.
- Improved Enterprise Operations Console: Includes a “monitor of monitors” to simplify global, multi-data center monitoring of systems and applications at scale.
- Simplified Orion Platform installer and new platform-native capabilities: Streamlines systems management product installation to typically one hour. Reduces time to install and configure monitoring, perform automatic discovery and dependency mapping, apply application templates, and get full application performance and health reports to just a few hours. The Orion Platform now also includes high availability and disaster recovery.
The above enhancements focus on making improvements for application-centric performance management, such as the AppStack dashboard. On top of this, SolarWinds Orion platform can help achieve visibility into web performance data from synthetic applications and application and infrastructure performance by providing a modular, scalable, unified monitoring platform. Customers can dial in specific needs by adding parts of the SolarWinds portfolio that best help them address issues that come up or specific features needed for their business.
SolarWinds will showcase the updated products at VMworld 2017 US from August 27–31 in Las Vegas, Nevada at Booth #224.