June 2nd, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Supermicro Highlights New Future Shaping Products At Computex
At Computex this year, Super Micro Computer Inc. is showcasing several new products it is referring to as “future shaping.” Supermicro is debuting a new MicroBlade system as well as a 2U Ultra 4-Way SuperServer. They are also announcing that their new MicroBlade Servers support the new Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v4 product family with Intel Iris Pro graphics P6300.
Supermicro continues to show that they have a tremendous range of enterprise hardware offerings. The new Ultra SuperServer supports the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v3 product family, it also can have up to 3TB of memory, and comes with 24 bays that fit 2.5” drives SAS3 12Gb/s (HDD or SSD). The above-mentioned new MicroBlade Servers are designed to run graphics rich applications from remote devices as well as Virtual Hosted Desktops, Cloud Gaming, Workstation in the Cloud, Video Search Indexing, and Automated Ad Insertion. Supermicro is also showcasing their previously announced 720TB 4U JBOD.
Supermicro is also showcasing what it calls its future shaping solutions that include: 6U MicroBlade supporting DP/UP serverboards based on Intel Xeon processors and Intel Atom processors, 3U MicroCloud, 4U FatTwin, 2U TwinPro, 2U TwinPro (VMware EVO: RAIL appliance), 7U SuperBlade, as well as high-density, high-capacity SuperStorage solutions, embedded server, IoT, 10GbE SDN enabled network switches. They will also release a 3U MicroBlade system in the future that will feature 25/10/1GbE SDN switches, which will be aimed at high performance data center and cloud applications.
Products on display at Computex include:
- MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H – supporting Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v4, this UP MicroBlade has features that include Power Efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel Iris Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- 2U Ultra 4-Way SuperServer (SYS-2048U-RTR4) – supports quad Intel Xeon E5-4600 v3 processors, up to 3TB in 48x DDR4 DIMMs, up to 11x PCI-E 3.0 slots, 20x 2.5” hot-swap SAS3 12Gb/s HDD/SSD bays and 4x hybrid ports with hot-swap SAS3 12Gb/s / hot-swap NVMe bays (via optional NVMe AOC), and flexible connectivity options
- 4U 90x 3.5” top-load, hot-swap HDD/SSD SAS3 12Gb/s JBOD (CSE-946ED-R2KJBOD) – The tool-less design features dual hot-swappable expander modules for high-availability, 4x Mini SAS HD ports per module, and redundant 1000W (2+2) Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 8-Node (SYS-5038MR-H8TRF) – 8x sleds, each supporting a single Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W TDP), 2x 3.5" hot-swap SATA3/SAS drive bays; SAS requires RAID/HBA AOC, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP slot, up to 256GB LRDIMM/128GB RDIMM, up to 2133MHz DDR4 ECC; 4x DIMMs, 2x GbE LAN ports via Intel i350, 1x dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management. Chassis supports 4x 8cm heavy duty fans with optimal cooling zone, 1620W Redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) digital power supplies.
- 1U Kinetic SuperStorage (SSG-K1048-RT), Optimized for Key/Value pair object storage – 48TB capacity featuring 12x 3.5" top load drive bays populated with dual port Seagate Kinetic drives (5900 RPM), redundant dual 10GBase-T (4 ports), Layer-2 switching to integrated 4TB Ethernet attached drives, dedicated IPMI / I2C management port, 400W redundant SuperCompact short-depth Gold Level power supplies
- Gaming/Workstation (SYS-5038AD-I) – based on the GS50-000R SuperChassis and C7X99-OCE motherboard, this new gaming workstation supports single Intel 4th gen. Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition, Intel Xeon processor E5-1600 v3, E5-2600 v3 family, up to 64GB non-ECC UDIMM DDR4, frequency up to 3300MHz (OC); 8x DIMM slots, 4 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (run at 16/16/NA/8 or 16/8/8/8), 2 PCI-E 2.0 x1 (in x4), dual port 1GbE LAN, 10x SATA3 (6Gbps), 1x COM, 1x TPM, 8x USB 3.0 ports (6 rear + 2 via header), HD Audio 7.1 channel connector by Realtek ALC1150, Supports 2/3/4-Way NVIDIA SLI, 750W Gold Level high-efficiency power supply
- UP motherboards supporting Intel Xeon E3-1200 v4 (Haswell) Processors – X10SLH-F, X10SLD-HF, X10SLE-HF
Supermicro will be at the Taipei World Trade Center, Nangang Exhibition Hall, 4th Floor, Booth #M0120. Along with the above mentioned products, Supermicro will also showcase several of their existing products.