August 11th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Supermicro Showcases New 1U 4x GPU SuperServer and 3U/6U MicroBlade At SIGGRAPH 2015
Today at the Special Interest Group on GRAPHics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH) conference in Los Angeles, California, Super Micro Computer Inc. showcased its new 1U 4x GPU SuperServer. This new SuperServer is designed to maximize performance and density while using PCIe to lower latency. In tune with the graphics theme of the event, Supermicro is also showcasing its 4U/Tower 4x GPU SuperWorkstation that features 4 next generation NVIDIA Quadro GPUs running a live Autodesk Maya demo.
Supermicro states that its 1U 4x GPU SuperServer with cooling optimized non-preheat GPU architecture and 3U/6U MicroBlade with Intel Xeon E3-1200 v4 can deliver the best for graphics, video, and visualization applications. Supermicro offers a wide variety of products for graphic intense applications from Servers to MicroBlades to SuperWorkations. This wide variety enables creative professionals to choose the right solutions for the right workload.
Supermicro products showcased at SIGGRAPH include:
- 1U 4x GPU SuperServer (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) – Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz; in 16x DIMMs, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (4x NVIDIA Tesla, NVIDIA GRID, Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor cards optional), 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16) LP slot, dual port GbE LAN (-TR SKU), dual 10GBase-T (-TRT SKU), 2x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 2x 2.5" internal drive bays, efficient airflow heavy duty counter-rotating fans with air shroud & optimal fan speed control, 2000W Redundant Platinum Level (94%+) Power Supplies
- 4U 8x GPU SuperServer (SYS-4028GR-TR) – supports 8 GPU accelerators, dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 160W), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR4, 2133MHz in 24 DIMM slots, 24 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 drive bays, 8 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (double-width), 2 PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16) slots, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4 (in x16) slot, dual 1GbE ports, and redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) digital power supplies.
- 1U 3x GPU SuperServer (SYS-1028GR-TR/-TRT) – Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMMs, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (3x NVIDIA Tesla, NVIDIA GRID, Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor cards optional), 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 LP slot, dual port GbE LAN (-TR SKU), dual 10GBase-T (-TRT SKU), 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 drive bays, 1600W Redundant Platinum Level (94%+) Power Supplies, 10x Counter rotating fans w/ optimal fan speed control, Smart server management tools
- 2U Hyper-Speed Ultra SuperServer (SYS- 6028UX-TR4) – Dual Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in16x DIMMs, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot (FH, 10.5" L), 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (1 in x16 FH 10.5" L, 1 LP, 1 Internal LP), 4x GbE ports, 12x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays: SATA3 default, 12x SAS3 opt., 4x NVMe opt. via AOC, 4x heavy-duty fans w/ optimal fan speed control, 1000W Redundant Titanium Level (96%) high-efficiency power supplies
- 4U/Tower 4x GPU SuperWorkstation (SYS-7048GR-TR) –Dual socket Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC DDR4 2133MHz in16x DIMMs, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (1 in x16) slots, supports Thunderbolt 2.0 AOC1x PCI-E 2.0 x4 (in x8) slot, up to 4x GPU (supports 4-way NVIDIA Geforce SLI), I/O ports: 1 VGA, 2 COM, 2 GbE, 10 USB 2.0, & 1 IPMI Dedicated LAN 8x 3.5" hot-swap, 3x fixed 5.25", and fixed 3.5" drive bays, 4x heavy duty fans, 2x exhaust fans, and 2x active heatsink with optimal fan speed control, 2000W Redundant Titanium Level High Efficiency (96%) power supplies, GPU Kit for passive GPU/Xeon Phi support (MCP-320-74701-0N-KIT)
- 3U/6U MicroBlade – (MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X) performance oriented solution with highest density up to 196 Intel Xeon DP nodes (5488) cores) per 42U rack with 95% cable reduction – supports dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 14 cores) up to 28x DP servers with 1GbE and 10GbE options. (MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H) supports Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v4, features include power efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel Iris Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- 7U SuperBlade – advantages include maximum density, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability. Modules support latest Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 and are available in 20/30 GPU/Xeon Phi Blade; 2x NVIDIA Tesla, NVIDIA GRID or Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor cards per blade server (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2), 3x NVIDIA Tesla GPU per blade server (SBI-7127RG3), Data Center Blade (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), Storage Blade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N), PCI-E Blade (SBI-7127R-SH, SBI-7427R-SH/-S2L, SBI-7126T-SH, SBI-7426T-SH) and 4-Way Blade (Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v2 SBI-7147R-S4X/-S4F) solutions. Chassis feature industry’s only hot-swap NVMe solutions, hot-plug switch modules supporting Infiniband FDR/QDR, FC/FCoE, Layer 2/3 1/10 GbE, chassis management module (CMM) and redundant 3000W/2500W/1620W (3+1), hot-swap Platinum Level digital power supplies
Supermicro will be at booth #550 at SIGGRAPH at the Los Angeles Convention Center August 9-13.