April 29th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Synology Embedded DataStation EDS14 Now Available
Synology has announced the Embedded DataStation EDS14, a palm-sized NAS that combines durability with reliability, implementing Synology’s advanced network storage solutions in a wide range of application scenarios.
Synology's compact EDS14 is measured at only 125 x 125 x 31mm, which is roughly 70% smaller than a typical 2-bay NAS server, making it ideal for areas where space is an issue. Despite its size, however, the EDS14 is designed to be extremely reliable with its engineered dynamic cooling mechanisms to ensure CPU health in challenging thermal environments.
The EDS14 is optimized for deployment in a variety of environments, can tolerate dynamic DC input voltage from 7 to 24V, is compatible with PoE splitters, and supports 3G/LTE. The EDS14 also comes with multiple mounting solutions for versatile deployment, such as DIN rail and a schedulable DC output to power peripheral devices.
The EDS14 can handle data downloads at 111.77MB/s in a Windows environment. In addition, by accommodating dual LAN ports with failover support, it maximizes network service uptime all the while optimizing bandwidth utilization. Synology’s always incomparable DiskStation Manager (DSM) also comes pre-installed on the EDS14, bringing an intuitive operating system with a host of applications to the NAS.
- CPU Model: Marvell Armada 370
- CPU Frequency: 1.2 GHz
- Industrial thermal endurance level from -20˚C to 50˚C (-4˚F to 122˚F)
- Dual LAN ensuring versatile deployment & network uptime
- Plug-n-Play USB 3.0 & High Speed SDXC UHS-I SD storage
- Up to 111.94 MB/s reading & 50.58 MB/s writing with USB 3.0
- Up to 77.81 MB/s reading & 45.4 MB/s writing with SDXC
- DC power output for peripheral devices
- Ready-to-use right out of the box
- Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Warranty: 3 years
Synology's Embedded DataStation EDS14 is now shipping globally.
For more information, visit the Synology EDS14 Product Page