June 17th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Synology Launches Surveillance Station 6.3
Synology America announced today the launch of Surveillance Station 6.3, the latest version of its awarding winning NVR solution. Surveillance Station was designed to turn any Disk or RackStation into a network video recorder. Surveillance Station 6.3 comes with support for edge recording as well as removing the Java requirement for Mac users.
Key benefits include:
- Large-scale surveillance in one interface with joystick usage and up to 64 channels on a single display
- Cross-platform NVR working with both Windows and OS X
- Record without data loss, cameras continue to capture video even in the event of a network loss
- Support for in-camera de-warping
- Support for panoramic, and multi-lens cameras
- Customized layout management for increased flexibility
- Support for over 2,700 camera models
Surveillance Station 6.3 installations include two IP camera licenses and the multi-lens and panoramic cameras only require a single license per unit.
Availability and Pricing
Surveillance Station 6.3 is free and available to download in the Package Center for DiskStation Manager. For a list of supported models click the link below.