December 10th, 2013 by Lyle Smith
Synology RS3614xs+ Rackstation Announced
Synology has announced the launch of the RS3614xs+, the latest in their XS+ rackstation line. The new RS3614xs+ provides enterprise features at SMB prices so that small businesses can now take advantage of performance, scalability, and the virtual storage options of VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V all the while still offering general-purpose storage that businesses require.
The RS3614xs+ supports 12-bays natively, with the option to expand up to 36-bays when paired with two RX1214 expansion modules; hen combines, this storage reaches up to 144TB of raw capacity. Additionally, with the RKS1314--Synology’s new optional tool-less rail kits-- installation for the XS+ is quick and easy.
The XS+ also includes a 6GB/s SATA III interface as well as dual Gen3 x8 PCIe slots, which allows the RS3614xs+ to support up to two 10GbE NICs on top of its four native gigabit Ethernet ports. When both PCIe ports are used, throughput has the ability to exceed 3,200MB/s; and with its solid-state storage, benchmarks can reach up to 620,000 IOPS, which is very useful for network environments that need good raw performance. For users needing SAS, Synology provides a SAS solution in their flagship RS10613xs+.
With the RS3614xs+, you can:
- Take advantage of the award-winning DiskStation Manager OS and its business feature offerings
- Maintain a company’s storage uptime through Synology’s High Availability
- Be able to expand storage as your business grows
- Reduce cost and complexity of high-throughput data management through a configurable architecture that is easy to use and install.
- Attain streamlined high performance, with low latency, high bandwidth, and IOPS.
Availability and pricing
Synology RackStation RS3614xs+ are now shipping globally and will be available in the United States within the next few weeks with an MSRP of $4999.99