August 28th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Tegile To Unveil IntelliFlash HD Flash Platform For Any Workload At VMworld
Tegile Systems announced that it will be unveiling its new flash storage platform its states will bring hyperscale performance and economics to the enterprise data center, IntelliFlash HD. In a single rack IntelliFlash HD can provide up to 5 million IOPS, up to 10PB of capacity, and do these at $.50/GB. With the addition of IntelliFlash HD, Tegile joins SanDisk in accelerating the migration to an all-flash data center.
Like Tegile’s other hybrid and all-flash arrays, IntelliFlash HD is powered by IntelliFlash OS. IntelliFlash OS brings together several architectural innovations in flash management, data persistence, and data management allowing IntelliFlash HD to hit the levels of density and performance customers need. Tegile further states that IntelliFlash HD is ideal for any workload including: latency-sensitive applications, large data warehouses, analytic applications, big data processing, image processing, and large private clouds that require economical acceleration of performance.
New innovations include:
- Scalable Architecture: Multi-controller scale up and out for sustained low-latency and performance at high scale
- High Capacity Density: 512TB in 3RU space with SanDisk InfiniFlash dense flash enclosure, with max of 10PB effective capacity in a single 42U rack
- Sustained Performance: High throughput and sub-millisecond latency with a maximum of 5M IOPS in a single rack
- One Flash Platform: Supports High-performance flash, high-density flash, and hybrid-flash configurations in the same platform
- Unified Storage: Native block (FC, iSCSI) AND file (NFS, CIFS/SMB3) access
- Comprehensive Data Services: Snapshots, clones, thin provisioning, inline deduplication and compression
- Affordable Disaster Recovery: Replicate between all-flash AND hybrid configurations
- Simplified Management: Single UI management for all operations
- VMware Support: Integrations with VMware SRM, VAAI, VASA and Virtual Volumes
Tegile will be showcasing IntelliFlash HD at booth #1037 at VMworld, taking place at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, August 30-September 3, 2015.