September 13th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
Toshiba MQ04 1TB Thin Client HDD Announced
Toshiba has announced the new MQ04 Series 1TB HDD, a thin client drive designed for notebook PCs, gaming systems, all-in-one slim-line desktop systems, set-top box appliances, and other use cases that require high-capacity and durable storage.
The MQ04 Series single-disk 1TB model comes in an 2.5-inch, 7mm height form factor and features a 6Gb/s SATA interface, 5,400 rotational speed, and 128MiB buffer for consistent performance. Toshiba claims that the MQ04 will deliver a 34 percent increase in internal transfer rate performance compared to the previous 1TB MQ01 Series models, adding that it is also quieter and weighs less than prior generations.
MQ04 Series 1TB HDD Specifications
- Interface: SATA (1.5 Gbit/s, 3.0 Gbit/s, 6.0 Gbit/s)
- Formatted Capacity: 1TB
- Interface Speed: 6.0 Gbit/s Max
- Rotation Speed: 5,400 rpm
- Average Latency Time: 5.56 ms
- Buffer Size: 128 MiB
- Logical Data Block Length: HOST: 512 B, DISK: 4,096 B
- Supply Voltage: Allowable Voltage 5 V ± 5%
- Power Consumption:
- Read / Write: 1.65 W Typ.
- Low Power Idle: 0.60 W Typ.
- Acoustics (Sound Power)
- For idle mode (Spindle is rotating): 19dB Ave.
- Seek: 21dB Ave.
- MTTF: 600,000 h
- Non-recoverable Error Rate: 1 error per 1014 bits read
- Load / Unload: 600,000 times
The new MQ04 1TB thin client HDD is now generally available.