April 1st, 2016 by Lyle Smith
TYAN to Demonstrate its 4U, 4x GPU FT76-B7922 Platform
TYAN will be demonstrating their newest 4U, 4x GPU FT76-B7922 platform at the NVIDIA 2016 GPU Technology Conference in San Jose. Featuring up to 4x NVIDIA Tesla K80 dual-GPU accelerators, 4x Intel Xeon E7-8800/E7-4800 v3 processors, 96x DDR4 DIMM slots, and 8x 2.5" SAS 12Gb/s HDDs or SSDs, the TYAN FT76-B7922 offers highly parallelized application deployment for various high-performance computing segments.
Because they leverage the energy-efficient, ultra-high performaning Tesla K80 dual-GPU accelerators, TYAN's server platforms can efficiently power HPC applications. These include: the 4U/8 GPU platform FT77C-B7079, 2U/4 GPU platform TA80-B7071 and 1U/3 GPU platform GA80-B7081. These high-density GPU platforms support upwards of 2x Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3/v4 (Haswell-EP/Broadwell-EP) processors and are designed for large-scale production deployment and application development use cases.
TYAN’s new OpenPOWER 1U server, the GT75-BP012, will also be on display at the event. This new OpenPOWER-based server is based on POWER8, which provides expanded services for high-performance computing and server virtualization. Previously, we reviewed their 1U GT62B-B5539 server system, which leverages four 2.5 NVMe slots as well as lower power usage.
- Applications: graphic virtualization, high performance computing, big data analysis, cloud computing
- 4x Intel Xeon E7-8800/ 4800 v3 (Haswell-EX) processors w/ TDP up to 165W
- 96x DDR4 DIMM slots on 8x memory (w/ 4x memory channels per CPU) risers
- 4x PCI-E Gen.3 x16 slots for NVIDIA Tesla K80 dual-GPU accelerators deployment
- 3x PCI-E Gen.3 x8 expansion slots (2x hot-swappable)
- 8x hot-swap 2.5" SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s HDDs/SSDs,
- 4x 10GbE (BASE-T) ports
- AST2400 iBMC w/ iKVM (IPMI v2.0 compliant)
- (3+1) 4,800W redundant power supplies with 80-Plus Platinum rated.
- Dimension: H176mm x W436mm x D760mm