June 28th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Unitrends Announces Disaster Recovery as a Service
Unitrends has announced the release of its new offering, Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). Billed as an unequivocal Disaster Recovery Insurance, Unitrends’ DRaaS utilizes its ReliableDR, Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Unitrends Bridge to provide an automated business continuity solution that guarantees full recovery of entire IT infrastructure within hours of a declared disaster. This is a first-of-its-kind offering.
While backup has become easier over the years, recovery often remains complex. In the event of a disaster, the Unitrends hybrid cloud DRaaS offering spins up live virtual machines and physical systems instantly within the same cloud allow complete recovery of entire IT infrastructures preventing downtime, and ensure business continuity. Combing Unitrends DRaaS with ReliableDR, Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Unitrends Bridge provides customers with a Disaster Recovery Assurance service level agreement guarantee. Leveraging these technologies, customers can spin up VMware virtual machines and provide complete disaster recovery testing.
The new offering include:
- Annual or monthly subscription rates
- A choice between:
- On-premise appliances ranging from 1 terabyte (TB) to 97 TB
- Or software virtual appliance options for instant recovery of physical and virtual machines
- Unitrends’ archiving hardware and software capabilities
- Installation and cloud seeding services
- No Limits Cloud storage
- DRaaS “white glove” service
- Disaster Recovery Assurance through Unitrends’ ReliableDR product (available for an additional fee)
- 24x7, award-winning Platinum Support
- Next business day shipment of replacement in the event of a hardware failure
- Trade-in policy to upgrade to higher storage tiers and appliance replacements
Availability and pricing
Unitrends’ DRaaS is available now and range from 18¢ per gigabyte per month to 32¢ per gigabyte per month.