June 11th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Veeam Cloud Connect for Availability Suite v8 Announced
Today Veeam Software announced Cloud Connect as part of the new Veeam Availability Suite v8. This new functionality will give customers a secure and efficient means to move backups to an offsite repository without the upfront capital investment in an offsite infrastructure or management.
Using a reliable, secure SSL connection, Cloud Connect enables Veeam customers to send offsite to a hosted repository. No additional Veeam licensing is required. It offers a simple way to protect against risk of disaster loss, managing and maintenance of offsite hardware, and customers don’t have to struggle with data transfer and security issues of a public cloud backup.
Additional features include:
- Complete visibility and control through Veeam backup console, where customers can track cloud repository consumption, access and recover data, and receive reminders for hosted storage renewal.
- Modern backup architecture including backup copy jobs with built-in WAN acceleration, forever incremental backups, and GFS retention policies.
- End-to-end encryption encrypting data in transit
Current and new Veeam service providers can leverage Cloud Connect to help grow their customer base. A simple setup, only requiring one server and about 10 minutes of setup time, gives service providers all the infrastructure management capabilities they need to offer offsite repository services.
Features for service providers include:
- Cloud gateway: Virtualizes all traffic between the customer and the service provider through a single
- SSL connection: Reliable, secure connection over SSL
- Multi-tenancy built-in: Manage multiple customers, cloud repositories and cloud gateways from one all-inclusive management and reporting console.
- Resource management: Allocate storage for each customer, while leveraging built-in reports and alerts to track storage consumption, manage expiration dates, and send automatic renewal reminders.
- Scale-out architecture: Easily scale Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure by deploying multiple cloud gateways, thus enabling automatic load balancing and high availability.
- End-to-end encryption: All data is protected in-flight with SSL, and customers can additionally encrypt data at-source (before it leaves their network perimeter) and still get all the benefits of Built-in WAN Acceleration.
Availability and Pricing
Cloud Connect along with Veeam Availability Suite v8 will be generally available in the third quarter of 2014. Prices will be monthly per VM licensing and tailored to the specific need.