June 24th, 2014 by Josh Linden
Violin Concerto 7000 All Flash Array with New Data Services Shipping
Violin Memory has today announced availability of an integrated solution featuring the Concerto 7000 AFA alongside a complimentary new software suite providing enterprise data services. The Concerto 7000 offers 70TB of raw storage across 3U and can scale up to 280TB in 18U, with a rated power requirement of 500W per rack unit. According to manufacturer benchmarks, the Concerto 7000 can achieve over 500K sustained IOPS at less than 0.5ms with a mixed workload. Customers can also upgrade existing 6000-series Violin arrays solutions with a Concerto 7000 upgrade kit.
The Concerto 7000 solution is built on Violin’s Flash Memory Fabric Architecture which coordinates array-wide flash management, wear leveling, vRAID, and garbage collection. Integrated Concerto 7000 data services include synchronous and asynchronous replication and stretch metro cluster capabilities as well as storage snapshots, thin provisioning, and LUN and capacity expansion. Continuous data protection, WAN replication, and in-flight encryption can be configured on a LUN-by-LUN basis for maximum optimization for various workloads.
Violin Concerto 7000 Feature Overview
- Remote asynchronous replication
- Synchronous replication
- Local and metro architectures
- Zero RPO and RTO for stretch clusters
- Automated application disaster recovery management
- WAN-optimized replication
- Consistency Groups for replication
- Application and crash-consistent writable snapshots
- Consistency groups for snapshots
- Continuous data protection
- Transparent LUN mirroring
- Backup application integrations
- Capacity pooling across shelves
- Online capacity expansion
- Online LUN expansion
- Single namespace across shelves
- Thin provisioning and thin clones
The Violin Concerto 7000 All Flash Array is available now worldwide.