March 4th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Violin Concerto OS 7 Now VMware SRM/SRA Certified
Violin Memory has announced that its enterprise management operating system, Concerto OS 7, has been certified for VMware's vCenter Server Site Recovery Manager (SRM). This announcement builds off of the relationship Violin has with VMware and adds to the to the existing Violin vSphere Web Client Plugin, the Violin Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) solution integrates Violin's Concerto OS 7 advanced storage management capabilities with VMware vSphere.
The newly certified Violin SRA leverages array-based replication support, enabling enterprise-wide data protection and business continuity. Now customers will be able to simplify the configuration and management of disaster recovery (DR) plans, lowering TCO. Utilizing centralized recovery plans, the Violin SRA enables organizations to automate DR including automated site recovery failback as well as migration processes. Violin also states that its recovery solutions can be tested in a non-disruptive fashion. They go on to claim that the combination of Violin's Flash Storage Platform (FSP) Concerto OS 7 SRA solution with VMware's vCenter Server SRM would accelerate and simplify business recovery from a remote site that is generally thought of as a long, arduous process.
- Reduce recovery time to minutes using automated failover and failback workflows utilizing WAN-optimized replication.
- Allows detailed recovery policies and plans to be specified on a per data store level across a vSphere cluster.
- Enables non-disruptive testing to ensure predictable recovery behavior.
- Perform zero-downtime disaster avoidance and data center migrations.
- Achieve zero-downtime application mobility by enabling live migration of virtual machines at scale across sites.
- Stretch cluster support -- leverage Violin Memory solutions that combine synchronous mirroring with array-based clustering in metropolitan distances.
Violin's SRA is certified VMware Compatible for VMware SRM versions 5.5, 5.8, 6.0, and 6.1.
The Violin SRA for VMware's vCenter Server SRM is now available at no additional cost to customers and can be downloaded at no charge from the Violin Memory Support Portal.