August 26th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
VMware Announces VMware Workspace Suite, Along With Other Innovations
At VMworld today, VMware Inc. announced their new integrated platform that manages applications, data, and devices, VMware Workspace Suite. With VMware Workspace Suite IT management is simplified, while offering a single portal to access mobile, desktop, and data. VMware also announced other innovations in order to help customers adopt desktop virtualization to scale while eliminating the tradeoffs between performance and costs.
VMware Workspace Suite offers customers many innovations to help them I dealing with the complexity of deploying and managing multiple point products. Key benefits include:
- Seamless, Anywhere Productivity with Single Sign-on – with mobile devices customers are only one touch away from access to Windows, web and SaaS apps. Residing in the VMware Workspace Portal and appear in the AirWatch application catalog, the mobile device only needs a single touch with a trusted means of 2-factor authentication, often eliminating the need for tokens.
- Scalable Unified Platform for Hybrid Clouds – private and public clouds using VMware vCloud Automation Center and VMware vCenter Operations Manager can be monitored and have their resource management automated.
- Trusted Best-of-Breed Technologies – Workspace Suite is the combination of VMware Horizon 6 (the leader in virtual desktops), AirWatch (a “top-player” in enterprise mobility management), and Workspace Portal.
Also today VMware introduced other innovations and updates to their portfolio, including:
- CloudVolumes now offers real-time delivery of data, applications, and user setting to any virtual desktop. This update enables users a mobile-like experience, while simplifying and lower costs for IT organizations.
- The collaboration between VMware, Google, and NVIDIA offers customers high-performance, workstation-class, and rich graphic applications through Chromebooks.
- VMware Horizon DaaS offers comprehensive delivery of published applications, shared desktop sessions, and full virtual desktops and applications through a multi-tenant public cloud DaaS. VMware Horizon DaaS will also be expanding into Europe.
- Project Meteor – a technology that can create personalized desktops, with the user's application and data, dynamically using any generic available virtual machine.
Availability and pricing
- VMware Workspace Suite and CloudVolumes are available now and pricing can be found through VMware sales or your local VMware reseller.
- VMware Horizon DaaS Enterprise support for published applications and new European are expected in the third quarter of 2014.
- VMware and NVIDIA customers can get early access to the technology preview of the new graphic-rich applications for Chromebooks here.