July 19th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Acronis Releases Its Backup 12 & Other Protection Solutions
Today Acronis announced the release of its new solution that protects companies’ full digital image, Acronis Backup 12. The nature of how businesses store data has changed, data location is no longer static and data can be stored on several devices and clouds. Acronis claims their new backup solution can protect data that resides in the cloud, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices. Acronis is also releasing other solutoins today to further help companies with the modern nature of data.
IT infrastructures grow ever more complex while at the same time ransomware attacks grow. This complexity and use of mobile devices can leave companies more vulnerable. This makes improving data backup and its recovery more important than ever. Acronis Backup 12 solution enables IT to have complete control over data location and its backup. IT administrators will know where data is located and who can access it, even data that is stored in the cloud. If there is data loss, Acronis Backup 12 offers multiple options for recovery including file, email, and database recovery; system recovery, including bare-metal recovery, active restore, instant restore, and vmFlashBack; cloud disaster recovery; and physical data shipment. The solution also enables migration of data, applications, and systems to any platform.
Acronis Backup 12 solution provides data protection for Microsoft Exchange, Office365, SharePoint, Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows PC, Hyper-V, Azure, and Azure Stack. Acronis Backup 12 will also support the upcoming Microsoft Windows Server 2016, including Hyper-V with resilient change tracking.
Features of Acronis Backup 12 include:
- Virtual Host Backup – Backs up VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hosts (not just VMs) and recovers them to dissimilar hardware for complete protection of virtual infrastructures.
- Cloud Convergence with New Unified Web Console – Makes it easier than ever for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection by backing up and managing all individual workload environments, including on-premises and cloud, physical systems, virtual hosts and machines, and cloud workloads, from a single place on any device.
- Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) in 15 seconds or less with Acronis Instant Restore – Addresses the business continuity needs for today’s ‘always-on’ business with the patented Acronis Instant Restore, allowing IT Managers to reduce RTO to seconds by running any physical or virtual Windows or Linux system backup as a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
- Support for Cloud Workloads with New Hybrid Cloud Architecture – Provides broad platform support of current backup solutions on the market, allowing IT Managers to back up on-premises physical and virtual systems, as well as Microsoft Azure VMs and Amazon EC2 instances for complete protection of the entire IT infrastructure and applications.
- Complete Protection for PCs, Macs, and Mobile devices – Supports today’s latest platforms and devices, enabling IT Managers to back up Microsoft Windows PCs and tablets, Macs, iPads, and iPhones, and any Android device to protect every endpoint of every user.
As data continues to grow business also migrate it to different platforms. Along with Backup 12, Acronis is also releasing several other solutions aimed at helping companies get better control over their data regardless of where it resides. These new solutions use a unified web management console to make monitoring easier for IT. The solutions can be deployed on any platform and are all powered by Acronis AnyData Engine.
Other solutions announced include:
- Acronis Backup Cloud – Built to easily fit within service provider environments with a comprehensive, yet simple, complete, and cost-effective hybrid backup and recovery solution that solves their customers’ data protection problems.
- Acronis Monitoring Service – Enables IT managers to monitor servers, networks, applications, and websites with ease to identify performance problems, and make smarter IT decisions.
- Acronis Storage – Provides software-defined storage that supports any type and volume of data with reliable, resilient, self-healing features, enabling service providers to use cost-efficient, commodity hardware.
- Acronis Notary - Delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage that leverages Blockchain to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control. Acronis will apply Blockchain technology to its solutions, which provides a record of digital events distributed across different participants or entities, and opens up a broad range of new data protection use cases for businesses worldwide. With Blockchain, data and transactions can only be updated by rules of consensus between participants in the system, and when new data is entered, it can never be erased.
Acronis Backup 12, Acronis Monitoring Service, and Acronis Backup Cloud are available now. Acronis Storage is expected to be available in September. And Acronis Notary is expected to be available in October.