October 2nd, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Actifio Releases Cloud-Centric Sky Platform 8.0
Actifio unveiled the largest software release of the company’s history with Cloud-Centric Sky Platform 8.0. The latest version enables organizations to deploy Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) across multi-directional, multi-cloud, and hybrid Cloud environments to further accelerate the pace of enterprise digital transformation. Actifio states that the release if the culmination of over two and a half years of research and collaboration with enterprises, partners, and analysts.
Coming freshly off the heels of being recognized in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and Critical Capabilities for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions (July 2017) reports, Actifio is releasing their Sky Platform 8.0. The company states that this new platform is a proven, cloud-centric solution enabling enterprises to further accelerate critical digital transformation initiatives for application development, analytics, data protection, high availability and compliance by leveraging the agility and economics of public and private cloud solutions. Actifio goes on to state that its new platform can enable enterprises to choose the best cloud solution to match their workloads, versus taking an all-or-nothing, lift-and-shift “cloud strategy.”
- Cloud Native – Enterprise grade data management for cloud native applications in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Oracle Cloud.
- Cloud Mobility – Enables true hybrid cloud deployments across on-premises physical or virtual servers and cloud platforms. It delivers instant access to data and improved business resiliency and agility.
- Cloud Object – Unleash the power of object storage with technology innovations to enable instant data access for application development, analytics applications, low RPO and RTO disaster recovery and long-term data retention for archival and compliance, on premises or in the cloud. Support currently for Amazon Web Services S3 and S3 IAS, Microsoft Azure Blob, IBM Cloud Object Storage, Google Nearline and Coldline, DellEMC ECS, Hitachi HCP, Netapp StorageGRID, Wasabi and Scality.
- Cloud Catalog – Cloud-scale catalog for all applications and data, anywhere, delivering fastest times to find, access and use data. Native catalog API forms the foundation for new data-centric IT-analytics and business-decision-analytics applications.
- Cloud Engage – Pioneering user engagement platform serving as the foundation for deriving more value out of the Actifio Data-as-a-Service platform for analytics, reporting, new data-centric applications and enablement.