February 5th, 2019 by Michael Rink
Arcserve Releases All-In-One Disaster Recovery Appliances
Today Arcserve is releasing a series of appliances that they refer to as the first all-in-one, purpose-built appliances designed for disaster recovery and application availability. The newly released models will be the third generation of their appliance series. When we reviewed one of the previous generation appliances, we found it to be straightforward to configure, require minimal ongoing management, and offering a range of useful mid-market backup and recovery functions. For their newest foray, they are targeting the growing need of even small business to protect against data loss.
Powered by Arcserve’s Unified Data Protection (UDP) software, the series bundles flash-accelerated deduplicated storage, robust server processing, and high-speed networking with highly-redundant hardware. The cloud services enable companies to spin up copies of physical and virtual systems directly on the appliance, as well as on private or public clouds. Companies may also leverage real-time replication with automatic and push-button failover and failback through the appliances to protect mission-critical systems, applications, and data.
The new appliances key features are:
- Integrated on-appliance and cloud-based DR with up to 20 CPU cores and 768GB RAM
- Larger effective capacity to protect up to 504TBs of data per appliance and to manage up to 6PBs through a single interface
- Up to 20:1 deduplication ratio with WAN-optimized replication to private and public clouds, including the Arcserve Cloud, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Eucalyptus, and Rackspace
- Twice the effective capacity as previous models
- Increased reliability with onsite hardware support in as little as four hours, and high redundancy hardware with dual CPUs, SSDs, power supplies, HDDs and RAM
- Ease of use to install and configure in less than 15 minutes
- Ability to spin up copies of virtual machines directly on-appliance.