February 2nd, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Arcserve Releases Latest Version Of UDP
Today Arcserve LLC, announced the newest version of its Unified Data Protection (UDP). The latest version is said to deliver continuous availability and simplicity from within a multi-platform solution set. UDP introduces advancements such as data protection for Linux environments, instant VM recovery and instant Bare Metal recovery, unified installation and enhancements for third party integration.
More and more organizations want a specific percentage of downtime, zero percent. The latest version of UDP aims to eliminate recovery time altogether. Aimed at SMB and midsized organizations, UDP provides single solution simplicity across cloud, virtual and physical environments. Arcserve encompasses global source-side deduplication, WAN-optimized replication, and automated disaster recovery testing. Its partners and managed service providers leverage UDP to accelerate revenue opportunities, provide disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), and expand their market reach.
New features and benefits include:
- Wizard-Driven Setup: New getting started wizards and a Unified Product Installer can get users up and running in minutes; simply click the features wanted and download in one easy step.
- Management Authority: Improve deployment, management and third-party integration with role-based administration, reboot-less agent deployment and a new Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Faster, More Flexible Recovery Options: New enterprise storage array snapshot integration provides high performance, low-impact snapshots of virtual and physical production servers. Instant VM recovery from agent-based and agentless backups of vSphere and Hyper-V and virtual-to-virtual (V2V) and virtual-to-physical (V2P) restores, provide additional options for improving RTOs and RPOs. Instant Bare Metal Restore (BMR) enables local and remote recovery of virtual and physical systems, from within the UDP console.
- Significantly Enhanced Linux Support: Linux systems now benefit from UDP’s advanced Windows protection capabilities, such as global deduplication, WAN-optimized replication, archive to tape and many more. Leverage file/folder level recovery of Linux VMs backed up via agentless, host-based backups on vSphere and Hyper-V hosts. Users have full control of data protection objectives with infinite incremental backups, bare metal restore of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) systems, and the ability to back up and restore to and from recovery point server (RPS) deduplication data stores.
- Data Protection Advancements for Windows Platforms: Complete data protection for the most recent Windows environments, including Windows 10. Exchange granular recovery (Including Exchange 2016) lets users recover non-email items without having to restore the entire mailbox. Reboot-less agent deployment provides rapid deployment of Windows agents from the UDP console without needing to reboot production machines.
- Unified Tape Management: New Unified Tape Management allows users to manage the scheduling, monitoring and migration of recovery points to tape, directly from within the UDP console.
Arcserve’s latest UDP is available today across the UDP portfolio of software, appliances and the cloud.