May 7th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Buffalo Announces TeraStation 5200 Network Video Recorder Series
Today Buffalo Americas announced the TeraStation 5200 Network Video Recorder (NVR) Series, a feature rich video surveillance NAS device. Able to support up to 16 Axis IP cameras, and with built-in support for AXIS Camera companion, the TeraStation 5200 NVR offers small to medium businesses cost-effective option for video surveillance and storage.
Theft is something that hits small to medium businesses hard every year. The estimates from loss through theft are in the tens of millions of dollars. Higher quality, 24 x 7 x 365 video surveillance can help cut down on these losses but most SMBs are reluctant to upgrade their current system both due to high costs and familiarity with the old analog systems. Buffalo has partnered with AXIS to address these concerns with high performance IP surveillance networks that can be set up effortlessly, deliver high quality videos, be maintained for long periods of time, and all come in at a reasonable price point.
TeraStation 5200 NVR features:
- Features Axis’ One-Click camera and NAS configuration for seamless surveillance network deployment
- Supports up to 16 HD Axis IP cameras
- Offers high compatibility with AXIS Camera Companion video surveillance solution
- Provides redundant dual drive NVR technology, eliminating downtime during HDD failures
- Equipped with two specially designed hot-swap NAS hard drives designed for 24x7x365 recording
- Offers a scalable solution allowing months of continuous 24x7 recording and the ability to add cameras
- Support for third-party iOS and Android mobile apps
- Pre-configured for easy installation
- Easily pairs with a Buffalo PoE Web Managed Switch
- Three-year warranty and technical support for life
Pricing and Availability
The TeraStation 5200 Network Video Recorder Series is available now at an estimated MSRP of $799.99 for the 2TB $999.99, for the 4TB, and $1299.99 for the 8TB. All TeraStation NAS solutions are backed by a limited three-year warranty that includes toll-free U.S.-based technical support available 24/7.