October 9th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Commvault Announces Complete Backup & Recovery as-a-Service
Today at their annual GO conference in Nashville, Tennessee, Commvault announced that it was taking its flagship Complete Backup & Recovery and releasing it a as-a-Service portfolio, B&RaaS. This will take all the benefits of Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery and offers it in a more flexible as-a-service package. The portfolio includes three new cloud-based services: Commvault Complete B&RaaS, Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Virtual Machines (VMs), and Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Native Cloud Applications.
Powered by Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery, the new B&RaaS gives customers a point and click delivery model, which can potentially lower operating costs on data infrastructure, software, services, training and compliance. As stated B&RaaS offers data management and protection for VMs and it also does the same for applications running on AWS and Azure as well as native cloud applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce. Everything is deployed and managed by Commvault including system administration, remote managed services and professional services. While everything being point and click sounds great to several customers, some need hardware on-prem to meet their RTO. Commvault is alos offering its Hyperscale hardware to those that need fast recovery from local copies.
Key Benefits include:
- Cloud-based data protection on-demand
- Consumption-based and cloud-friendly pricing models – customers can “pay as you go” for world-class data management or sign up for fixed-term subscriptions
- Available on AWS Marketplace and many more to come – customers can buy data protection that suits their needs at the same time and place where they buy their infrastructure
Other customers may need more specifically targeted as-a-Service offerings for backup and recover. Commvault is offering a few different flavors that allow customer to target specific needs and they can grow as they need. Other options include:
- Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Virtual Machines (VMs): Provides customers an easy “pay-as-you-go” service for modern, simple and cost-effective cloud and VM protection and management on AWS and Microsoft Azure public clouds. Through this powerful outcome-based subscription service, Commvault makes it easy by managing its customers virtual environment and optimizing every aspect of their platforms — from backup and recovery to computing and storage consumption – empowering customers with full control of their virtual infrastructure as it grows and diversifies.
- Commvault Complete B&RaaS for Native Cloud Applications: Provides backup and recovery services for native cloud application data, including Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce with advanced features such as long-term retention, compliance and archiving not normally found in a native cloud data management offering.
Commvault Complete Backup and Recovery as-a-Service will be available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, the AWS Marketplace, and the Commvault Marketplace by December 2018.