August 7th, 2018 by Michael Rink
Dell EMC Announces Additional AI Centric Servers and Services
Dell EMC is expanding their Ready Solutions lineup with new offerings designed to help organizations with AI tasks. The two new products they are offering are named Deep Learning with NVIDIA, and Machine Learning with Hadoop. The new solutions are aimed at delivering faster, deeper insight while helping companies realize their potential with AI.
AI has the potential to transform the entire work landscape. While it is ripe with potentiality, several organizations aren’t entirely certain on how to best leverage the technology. Incorrectly deploying or underutilizing AI can be costly. Dell EMC has expanded its Ready Solutions to now include AI in order to simplify its deployment and use. Dell EMC leverage its AI experience to come up with the best software and hardware solutions for that customer to use, cutting out guest work and saving time and money.
Ready Solutions for AI: Deep Learning with NVIDIA
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R740xd and C4140 servers and 4x NVIDIA Tesla V100-SXM2 Tensor Core GPUs.
- Dell EMC Isilon F800 All-Flash Scale-out NAS storage
- Bright Cluster Manager for Data Science in combination with the Dell EMC Data Science Provisioning Portal to set up, provision, monitor and manage the cluster
Dell EMC Ready Solutions for AI: Machine Learning with Hadoop
Dell already offers Hadoop centric products. The main thing their new offering includes is better support and initial configuration for some machine learning tasks. The other details they’ve announced so far include:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 and R740xd servers
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench
- Apache Spark – an open source unified data analytics engine for Big Data and Machine Learning
- Dell EMC Data Science Provisioning Engine – provides pre-configured containers allowing data scientists access to the Intel BigDL distributed deep learning library on the Spark framework,
- Expansion of existing Hadoop environments for machine learning.
The Dell EMC Ready Solutions are available now in the United States. Availability is scheduled to roll out in Brazil, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, UK, Australia, China, India, and Japan within 60 days.