August 27th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Dell EMC Expands VMware Solution From Edge To Core
Today at VMworld 2018 in Vegas, Dell EMC announced that it was taking its already broad portfolio of VMware solutions and is expanding it even farther. The new solutions for VMware will span from edge to core to cloud and are aimed to help IT reach their transformation goals faster. Now users will have a unified, seamless experience across their end devices, their SDDC and HCI solutions, and their multi-cloud environments.
Everyone wants it done faster, whether it is a new product, service, or the transformation that their company is undergoing. Waiting on a something or a transformation means the possibility of missing out. Dell EMC's new VMware solutions not only help their customer modernize their data centers to aide in transformations, the solutions will give them a scalable, end-to-end approach making said transformations easier and more flexible.
New solutions, capabilities, and benefits include:
- At The Edge:
- A ready-to-work experience for employees, delivered directly to end users from Dell, enabling employees to boot up, log in, and be productive in minutes. Preconfigured apps and settings reduce time and resources associated with manual PC configuration and manual device imaging, repackaging and shipment. The Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE service enables automatic device setup and extends the efficiencies of cloud management to configuration and deployment.
- Simplify PC lifecycle management with expanded Dell PC-as-a-Service offerings for more customers and regions, including PCaaS for Business (20 to 300 units) and PCaaS for Enterprise (more than 300 units). Dell offers the latest PCs, deployment options - including Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE, software, peripherals, lifecycle services and financing – at a single, predictable price per seat per month.
- Scalability and stability with a consistent foundation from edge to distributed core to cloud with the new Dell IoT Solution for Surveillance, which automates scaling enterprises on day one with customer data, speeding return on investment.
- To the Core:
- Increase workload capacity, performance, scalability and control with the new Dell EMC VxRail G560, which delivers greater density in a 2U form factor that outperforms the previous Dell EMC VxRail G Series with 1.75X more cores; 2X increase in processing power; 4X more memory; and 3X capacity increase improvement in the boot device.
- Save time and lower operational expenses with synchronized Dell EMC VxRail Appliance and VMware vSAN update releases, so customers get the latest technology features as quickly as possible to rapidly address changing business needs.
- Continuous innovation and reduction of risk with Dell EMC VxRack SDDC engineered with Dell EMC VxRail E, P, V and now S Series models, all based on 14th generation PowerEdge servers.
- Faster time to production with the Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center, now including Dell EMC VxRail. The Fabric Design Center, an intuitive online tool, helps ensure the most efficient and effective networking design for deployment success.
- Investment protection with Dell EMC’s Future-Proof Loyalty Program protects customers’ core, edge and cloud investments, now including first-time HCI solution support with Dell EMC VxRail, for a set of advanced technology capabilities and programs that enable Dell EMC solutions to offer value for the entire lifetime of customers’ applications.
- Software-defined storage environment flexibility is further extended with Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes support on the new Dell EMC PowerEdge MX, which provides a highly flexible platform for vSAN Ready Nodes as HCI building blocks. The PowerEdge MX can hold up to eight vSAN Ready Nodes and help create a foundation for a self-sustained VMware Cloud Foundation cluster with right-sized compute, storage and top-of-rack switching all in one high-density package, with the infrastructure managed through a single interface. The PowerEdge MX also supports SATA, SAS and NVMe storage devices, offering the cost benefits of storage tiering with VMware vSAN.
- To the Cloud:
- Enhancements to Dell’s cloud-enabled infrastructure solutions and services portfolio are designed to help customers maximize the value of their IT ecosystem and multi-cloud environments.
Dell PC-as-a-Service for Business and Dell PC-as-a-Service for Enterprise, Dell EMC VxRail G560, and the Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center are available today. Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE and Dell EMC vSAN Ready Node for PowerEdge MX are expected to be available September 12, 2018. The synchronous releases between Dell EMC VxRail and VMware are expected to be available starting in fourth quarter of 2018.