September 12th, 2018 by Michael Rink
Dell EMC Releases Entry-Level Powervault Storage Arrays
Dell EMC introduced the Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series, the next generation family of its entry-level data storage arrays designed for small- and medium-sized businesses today. Dell EMC has an install base of more than 400,000 PowerVault units worldwide. The three models in the ME4 series join these existing units in the PowerVault series.
SMBs face similar storage issues as larger enterprises, however, they do not have similar budgets. SMBs need the performance, security, and simplicity of management for a more attractive price point. The new PowerVault ME4 Series family delivers significant increases over previous Dell EMC entry systems. Dell claims the customer can install the system in just 15 minutes plus 15 more minutes to configure. Some of its key features include:
- Flexible Array Configurations – three models offer from 12 to 84 storage drive bays that can be configured from 0-100% flash and support any mix of SSDs and HDDs.
- PowerVault ME4 Series can expand up to 4PB and drive up to 320,000 IOPs.
- Bundled software including built-in data protection, thin provisioning, remote replication, snapshots, 3-level tiering, volume cloning, integration with VMware vCenter and SRM.
- Out-of-the-box integration with Dell EMC PowerEdge 13th and 14th Generation servers
- Dual-core Intel Broadwell processor
- 12Gb SAS Backend