December 4th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Emulex and Dynatrace Announce NetPod
Emulex and Dynatrace have announced NetPod, a fully integrated solution that combines Dynatrace’s Data Center (DC RUM) analysis with Emulex’s EndaceProbe Intelligent Network Recorders, delivering high-fidelity network and application transaction-level visibility and long-term packet storage to network teams. Additionally, its hardware-based EndaceProbe INRs boast 100 percent packet capture, nanosecond time stamping, “back-in-time” playback capabilities, and a platform for user experience monitoring. NetPod also allows for the optimization of the performance, scalability, and predictability of all applications situated in the data center such as Citrix, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, and Microsoft Exchange.
The NetPod solution specifically designed for high-speed 10/40/100Gb Ethernet networks, offering complete visibility across multiple tiers, infrastructure components and web and non-web applications. In addition, NetPod intelligently monitors and records real-time application transactions throughout the most complex application delivery infrastructures, which spans all leading load balancers, firewalls, servers, WAN accelerators, and middleware.
NetPod combines various critical technologies to simplify and automate application transaction analysis:
- NetPod combines several critical technologies to simplify and automate application transaction analysis:
- Continuous assessment of user experience and business impact of performance and availability issues;
- Real-time packet capture (with no packet loss) and nanosecond-scale time stamping to ensure that all of the required data is available for analysis;
- Deep storage of captured packets, enabling “back-in-time” playback analysis when intermittent issues occur;
- A comprehensive set of application protocol decodes, combined with application logic and user context; and
- Seamless compatibility with Dynatrace APM technologies as well as third party products requiring access to packets for security, for deep transaction tracing at the code level, synthetic monitoring, or mobile device monitoring.
NetPod is slated for a 2015 Q1 calendar release from select Emulex and Dynatrace partners with the requisite expertise in AA-NPM and APM.