May 7th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
HPE Integrates BlueData Into Apollo Accelerating AI Capabilities
Today Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced it would be accelerating AI capabilities on its Apollo systems through a full integration of BlueData software. BlueData will also be integrated with HPE Pointnext services. BlueData will give customers of the above solutions a simple deployment for their AI and analytics tools.
AI adoption is accelerating with no end in sight. According to Gartner, in the past four years AI implementation grew a whopping 270%. This all sounds promising but it isn’t as simple as choosing AI or analytics tool and going from there. Many customers leverage multi-vendor infrastructure and/or multi-cloud services. BlueData software (that was acquired by HPE in November of last year) is designed to address these particular issues.
BlueData is a container-based software platform that is said to provide customers with simple, one-click automated deployment for their AI and analytics tools of choice – and enables enterprise-grade security, scalability and performance. It is available as a standalone HPE solution and is now fully integrated with HPE Pointnext services and HPE Apollo infrastructure. BlueData will provide users with an as-a-service expiring for AI and ML, resulting in faster deployments and more flexibility.
New capabilities and services include:
- BlueData software subscriptions can be ordered together with HPE Apollo server and storage infrastructure. New bundled solutions with BlueData and HPE infrastructure will be made available in a variety of different configurations.
- New HPE Pointnext services offerings are now available for BlueData, building on the deep AI/ML and big data analytics expertise and use case deployments from HPE Pointnext. These services help to streamline the software implementation and ongoing support operations, enabling success and faster time-to-value for AI and data-driven initiatives.
- The BlueData team is developing new innovations for the use of Kubernetes in large-scale AI and analytics deployments, with ongoing contributions to the Kubernetes open source community.
- A new HPE reference configuration is now available, providing guidance and best practices for deploying BlueData software on the HPE Elastic Platform for Analytics (EPA), a modular infrastructure foundation for scalable multi-tenant deployments with building blocks from HPE for compute, storage and networking.
- HPE plans to deliver new BlueData-based reference architectures for a variety of different AI/ML and analytics use cases and ecosystem tools, including Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Cloudera, H2O, and TensorFlow. These reference architectures include in-depth testing and validation from HPE engineering to determine the workload-optimized configuration for high performance and greater efficiency.
Both standalone software subscriptions and bundled offerings with HPE Apollo hardware, together with HPE Pointnext deployment services and customer support, are available now.