March 19th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Huawei Unveils New CloudCampus Solutions & Programmable Switches
Today at the Huawei Western Europe Partner Summit 2018, Huawei announced its Intent-Driven CloudCampus solution and new programmable switches for enterprise campus networks. This new Intent-Drive Network (IDN) architecture is said to help build future-proof wired and wireless networks that feature uncompromised user experience, automated service provisioning and Operations and Maintenance (O&M), and converged access. The company states the new new solution builds AI, Big Data, and Cloud into network architecture.
Digital transformations are pushing everything to run at higher speeds. The bottleneck is getting pushed to the network, where either the technology is lacking or it can’t advance fast enough for everything else. With this in mind, Huawei states that its new Intent-Driven CloudCampus will adopt the 'Intelligent, Simplified, Converged, Secure, and Open' design concepts. The company is launched both a campus network insight engine CampusInsight and a campus network automation solution Software-Defined Campus (SD-Campus). Huawei is also launching two new programmable switches.
Huawei's Intent-Driven CloudCampus New Components
- CampusInsight 2.0 (Campus network insight engine): By leveraging telemetry technology, CampusInsight collects network and application data from network devices in real time and on demand. Big Data and AI technologies are used to implement network fault analysis and proactive prediction, and up to 85 percent of potential issues can be automatically identified.
- SD-Campus 2.0 (Full-lifecycle campus network automation solution): Designed for medium- and large-sized campus networks, SD-Campus leverages Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and cloud technologies to automate network deployment, rollout of virtual networks, and user/application-oriented policy management. These features help to reduce OPEX by 80 percent.
- New agile switches S5730-HI and S6720-HI supporting SD-Campus: These fully programmable agile switches, built on Huawei's Ethernet Network Processor (ENP) chips, implement wired and wireless convergence through the native Access Controller (AC) function and support SD-Campus scenarios.
- Huawei S5730-HI is a next-generation agile switch that supports all-gigabit access.
- Huawei S6720-HI is the industry's first fully programmable fixed switch with 100GE uplink ports for campus networks.
Huawei intends to continue to release new CloudCampus solutions and products to help the market adapt to the changes they face.