November 12th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
HYCU BaaS Enhancements Now Available on Google Cloud
Today HYCU announced enhancements to its Backup-as-a-Service available for Google Cloud Platform (GCP). These enhancements give GCP users an enhanced cloud-native solution for their backup and recovery needs in GCP. HYCU states that its BaaS is one of the most cost-efficient data backup and cloud target utilization for backup workflows for GCP.
HYCU started in the monitoring and data protection business primarily focusing on Nutanix with a purpose-built data protection solution for Nutanix. The company slowly expanded what their solution could do in Nutanix, and gained a patent along the way. This year at Google Next, the company expanded its capabilities to include Google Cloud Platform as well.
The latest enhancements to HYCU Backup as a Service for GCP include the following:
- Optimized Cloud-native Incremental: With a new and enhanced way of addressing incremental backups and archives for GCP workloads, GCP customers now have one of the most cost- efficient data protection solutions available on the market today.
- Enhanced Efficiency for Data Transfer and Storage: Aside of being a pure cloud service with no additional backup infrastructure costs for GCP customers, and having dynamic and elastic data mover allocation, HYCU does not require caching storage - resulting in optimal data transfer cost for backup workflows and more efficient use of cloud storage for dramatic cost savings.
- Dynamic Scaling Optimized for Backup, Storage and Compute: As customers need to scale their infrastructure dynamically, they need their data protection software to accordingly scale as easily and efficiently. With enhancements to dynamic and scale out logic, this results in one of the fastest and the most cost-efficient data transfers for both small and large disks greater than 1TB+. HYCU's advanced logic automatically adjusts the data transfer parameters (streams and computing resources) to the size of the protected disks. This is far more efficient than legacy solutions that are pre-allocated in-cloud backup infrastructure and leave a static configuration of the data transfer workloads.
- Enterprise Applications for Mission Critical Workloads: Customers can leverage the same power for applications like SAP HANA protection for GCP.
- Flexible Pricing Plans: Annual subscription plans - Customers can now change the Entitlement plan and use annual subscription with token-based pricing plan
- Enhanced Reporting: With built-in backup reporting added, customers can now schedule reports based on generations versions.
HYCU Backup as a Service for Google Cloud is available now on the GCP Marketplace and through authorized Google Cloud Service Provider partners.