August 2nd, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Intel Releases D3-S4510 & D3-S4610 Series SSDs
Today Intel Inc. announced the release of two new SSD drive series, the D3-S4510 and D3-S4610. Both new series are 64-Layer TLC, SATA drives. These drives are aimed at saving costs while replacing HDDs in the data center.
Built off of tried and true Intel technology, the new SATA SSDs are designed to reduce operating costs while increasing performance by replacing HDDs. The drives are 2.5” form factor SSDs with capacities ranging from 240GB to 7.68TB. The new Series families offer the usual benefits one would expect upgrading to SSDs from HDDs: lower power, increased performance, better density, and lower failure rates.
Key specifications include:
- Form factor: 2.5”
- Capacity: 240GB, 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, and 7.68TB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- 128KB sequential read/write: up to 560/510MB/s
- 4KB Random read/write: up to 97K/36K IOPS (51K IOPS for the S4610)
- UBER: <1 sector per 10^17 bits read
- Active: 3.6W S4510, 3.7W S4610
- Idle: 1.1W