May 2nd, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Intel Releases Higher Capacity Optane SSD With The 905P
Today Intel expanded its Optane family with the addition of the Optane SSD 905P. The latest addition adds higher capacity to the family to handle larger data sets and address one of the factors that may be holding adoption back, with its smaller capacities. The 905P is made for enthusiasts, prosumers, and those looking into system acceleration.
Building on the Intel Optane SSD 900P released in October, the new 905P offers the same benefits and slightly higher performance all with twice the capacity of the 900P. The AIC version comes in capacity of 960GB and the U.2 version is 480GB. The new 905P also offers the same endurance and MTBF as the 900P.
Intel Optane SSD 905P key specifications:
- Form factor: HHHL AIC | U.2
- Memory Media: 3D XPoint
- Interface: PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe
- Bandwidth: Sustained Sequential Read/Write: Up to 2,600 / 2,200 MB/s
- IOPS: Random 4KB Random Read/Write: Up to 575,000 / 550,000 IOPs
- Read /Write Latency: <10μs /< 10μs
- MTBF 1.6 million hours
- Endurance 10 DWPD
- Warranty: 5-year
- Power consumption
- Active Sequential Read – Average Power: 7.6W | 10.7W
- Burst Sequential Read: 7.7W | 11.2W
- Active Write – Average Power: 12.4W | 14.8W
- Burst Sequential Write: 12.8W | 16.4W
- Idle: 3.3W | 6.0W
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to 85° C
The Intel Optane SSD 905P is featured in select Dell systems and will also ship with a special edition of the Akitio Node Lite, as a complete Thunderbolt 3 storage solution for macOS and Windows.