April 22nd, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Iron Mountain and EMC Collaborate For Cloud Services
Today Iron Mountain Incorporated and EMC Corporation announced a strategic relationship to deliver cloud backup and replication services. This partnership will help customers optimize both their on and off-premises data protection strategy. The partnership also helps tackle the challenge of exploding data growth, stringent availability and security requirements, and tight IT budgets.
This partnership seems natural, as EMC is the leader in purpose built backup appliances and Iron Mountain is the leader in off-site data vaulting. These are two services that customers generally buy together. Iron Mountain also offers Data Domain replication to the cloud with ‘tape out’ capabilities. The collaboration gives customers the ability to protect data offsite, with improved disaster recovery, and the scalability and efficiency the cloud provides.
Iron Mountain Cloud Data Replication hosts fully managed Data Domain and Avamar replication targets in secure and compliant Iron Mountain data center facilities. This provides secure, high-speed, reliable network connectivity making replication efficient over the WAN, securely replicating data offsite.
Key Benefits include:
- Offsite Security
- State-of-the-art backup and replication technologies
- High-speed, reliable network connectivity
- Highly secure and compliant offsite data center
- Expert staffing and support
- A usage-based subscription model
- Pay-as-you-go OPEX subscription model
- Point-and-click, self-service data restores
- Simplified budgeting for offsite data protection
- Highly secure colocation data centers for disaster recovery operations
- One Solution from Two Data Protection Leaders
- Offsite Tape Management
- Fully managed, secure, offsite tape vaulting
- Tape-out services for low-cost storage tier and extended retention as needed
- Restoration Assurance program to completely retire legacy tape infrastructure onsite