November 19th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Maxta Provides First Hyper-Converged Solution Certified For Cisco UCS
Maxta announced that its hyper-converged solution is the first to be certified by Cisco and will be running on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) C-Series Rack-Mount systems. The solution will also support clusters spanning metro distances.
Using Maxta's hyper-converged solution on Cisco's UCS Rack-Mount servers will provide users with powerful, cost-effective solution. The solution gives users the simplicity of VM-centric management, scale-up, scale-out, the ability to independently scale compute and storage, along with a full suite of enterprise-class data services. And for a range of high-performance virtualized workloads, MaxDeploy reference architecture testing has also bee certified by Cisco.
Metro cluster is traditionally found in storage arrays enables business continuity in the event of complete site failure by replicating data across data centers vs. servers. Maxta metro cluster with the Cisco UCS C240 M3 is the first hyper-converged solution for Cisco servers to replicate across metro distances from a few hundred meters up to 500 kilometers. Users can now leverage Cisco UCS servers for hyper-converged solutions hosting mission critical data.
Key features of the solution on Cisco include:
- Support for VMware Stretch Storage Metro Cluster for continuous availability in case of site, data center, or rack failure in vSphere environments
- Resiliency and High Availability with local mirroring and replication across local and metro distances
- Provides VM-centric enterprise-class reliability and data services
- Cost-effectively scales up VM performance and VM density for more and larger VM workloads
- Seamlessly integrates with VMware environments supporting vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA and Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Dramatically simplifies IT by eliminating the need for storage arrays, storage networking and storage management
- 50,000+ IOPS in a 4 server cluster, leveraging server attached SSD and HDD resources
- Provides 3X savings over traditional converged infrastructure configurations
MaxDeploy for Cisco UCS minimum configuration specifications and price:
- Number of servers: 3 (Cisco UCS C240 M3 Systems)
- Processor per server: Dual-Socket 4 cores (Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 @ 2.10GHz)
- Memory per server: 32GB DDR3
- HDDs per server: 4x1TB 7.2K RPM SATA
- SSDs per server: 1x200GB SATA
- Network configuration: Dedicated 1 GigE port
- Software: VMware vSphere Essentials Plus with 1yr Support; Maxta Software for 4 TBs
- Total cost: $39,000