January 13th, 2020 by Adam Armstrong
NETGEAR Announces New PoE+ and PoE++ Ethernet Switches
Another announcement that slipped by from NETGEAR surrounds unmanaged and smart managed Gigabit Ethernet switches. NETGEAR has made several additions to its Unmanaged and Smart Managed Pro switch series with new Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ and Ultra60 PoE++ models. Amongst the models announced is the industry’s first Cloud managed Ultra60 PoE++ switch.
As more connected devices hit all markets (from home to enterprise) there needs to be more and better ways to connect them all. PoE (Power over Ethernet) is an ideal choice for several of the devices as they won’t need networking and power ran to them. Not to mention that several of the devices (including VoIP phones, IP Security Cameras, wireless access points, proximity sensors, and door locks) now leverage PoE and several IoT devices leverage the latest PoE++ standards including displays, panel PCs, LED lighting, audio speakers, and POS terminals. Noting this as well as various power needs of new devices, NETGEAR has expanded its lineup of unmanaged and smart managed Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ and Ultra60 PoE++ switches.
The new series of switches include:
- NETGEAR GS110TUP Ultra60 PoE++ 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 PoE+ and 4 PoE++ ports and the GS710TUP with 8 PoE++ ports, 1 Gigabit Non-PoE Copper and 1 SFP port, with optional Remote/Cloud management capability. GS110TUP provides a total PoE budget of 240W and the GS710 with a 480W for powerful PoE applications.
- NETGEAR GS724TPP 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Hi-Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports and optional Remote/Cloud management capability. GS724TPP provides a total PoE budget of 380W for more PoE applications.
- NETGEAR GS308PP 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 83W PoE budget. With NETGEAR FlexPoE integrated technology that allows users to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide to devices the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- NETGEAR GS316P 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 115W PoE budget. With NETGEAR FlexPoE integrated technology that allows users to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide to devices the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- NETGEAR GS316PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-Power PoE+ Switch with 183W PoE budget for high-power PoE devices. The compact, silent, fanless design makes the GS316PP an ideal cost-effective and future-proof option for any business or home.
- NETGEAR GS348PP 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-power PoE+ Switch with 380W PoE budget and 24 ports PoE+. The GS348PP gives users a cost-effective and powerful switch with the best cost/PoE budget ratio.
All of the above switches are expected to be shipping within this month.
Engage with StorageReview