April 8th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Netlist Introduces New EXPRESSvault EV3 PCIe 3.0 NVRAM
Netlist Inc. announced the newest product in its NVvault family, the EXPRESSvault EV3 PCIe 3.0 NVRAM. The EXPRESSvault EV3 comes in 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB capacities and is an ideal match for server and storage solutions in next-generation data centers for cloud computing that integrate IBM POWER or Intel Haswell/Broadwell CPUs and PCI Express SSD products.
The EXPRESSvault EV3 PCIe 3.0 NVRAM is a plug-and-play, ultra-fast memory tier that accelerates mission-critical applications in scale-out storage, all-flash arrays, database systems, distributed file systems, and server-side caching. The device can be used both as a block storage device and a persistent memory extension mapped directly to the host and can be applied to storage systems using inline deduplication and compression, encryption, indexing and mapping. The device works in both DDR3 and DDR4 based hardware, making it easy to integrate.
Combining the high speed an endurance of DRAM with the non-volatility of MLC NAND flash gives the EXPRESSvault EV3 a tremendous performance advantage over even the fastest SSDs. Netlist claims a performance of over 400K IOPS with sub-microsecond latencies.
Key features include:
- Virtually unlimited write endurance
- End to end Data coverage
- Industry standard interface, agnostic to hardware
- Fast Backup times: 4GB ~ 24 seconds, 8GB ~ 48 seconds, 16GB ~ 96 seconds
- Supercap rating: 5 year @ 50C ambient, UL Certification
- Supercap charge time – less than 4 min
- Extensive Health Monitoring, Error reporting with Predictive failure warnings, and Backup, restore, power, NAND life status
- Data Retention – 3 months
The EXPRESSvault EV3 PCIe 3.0 NVRAM is expected to be available in production quantities as early as June 2015. Netlist will be demonstrating the EXPRESSvault EV3 at Data Storage Innovation Conference.