July 8th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Netstor Releases New 2.5” Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage
Netstor has released new 2.5” Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage device, the NA338TB. The NA338TB is a follow up the larger 3.5” NA333TB and NA381TB, both of which were well received by video editors and digital content creators. The NA338TB is designed for on-site video editing and supports both 2.5” SSDs and HDDs.
The NA338TB is compact in size (a 2U height and 42cm depth) making it portable enough to carry while fitting a transportable rack. Professionals won’t have to worry as much about energy use, as the NA338TB uses 2.5” drives that draw less power than their 3.5” counterparts. The NA338TB provides 3 full-height, full-length PCIe expansion slots to continue to scale past its 16 bays. Another interesting function is the built-in integrated plate drawer for Apple Mac mini installation. Combing a Mac mini with the NA338TB through the Thunderbolt 2 connection makes it a powerful mobility workstation. The NA338TB can connect to any workstation that has a Thunderbolt port for editing in the studio or the Mac mini can be connected to network to share the data.
- Form Factor: 2U/16 Bay
- Drive Support:
- 3/6/12 Gb/s SAS, 3/6 Gb/s SATA 2.5" HDD and SSD
- Supports any mix of SAS and SATA drives simultaneously in the same enclosure
- External I/O Ports: two Thunderbolt 2 ports, supporting daisy-chain up to 6 devices
- Input: 90-230 VAC/50-60 HZ
- Output: +5V and +12V
- System Support: New Mac Pro, Mac mini, MacBook Pro, and iMac with Thunderbolt port
- PCIe card Size Accepted: full-length and full-height PCIe card
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 50°C (14 to 122°F)
- Relative Humidity: 20 to 80% (non-condensing)
The Netstor NA338TB is available now.