May 16th, 2019 by Adam Armstrong
New IGEL UD2 Desktop Solution Launched
Today IGEL announced the expansion of its Universal Desktop endpoint solutions with the release of the IGEL UD2. The new UD2 is compact and said to be fast, cost-effective, and secure while it meets current and future needs of work. The new solution is powered by IGEL OS11 and verified with IGEL Workspace Edition.
Cloud-enabled and as a Service technologies are definitely gaining popularity and adoption. To better prepare customers for these new deployments, IGEL has released a more compact addition to its Universal Desktop endpoint solutions line in the UD2. Being half the size of the previous UD2 (ideal for space-constrained workplaces), the new version is more powerful coming with an integrated Intel Atom quad-core processor featuring turbo boost frequency of 1.04GHz to 2GHz. The UD2 has more connectivity options now with five USB ports, including USB 3.2, and the ability to add a second monitor via DisplayPort with 2K 60Hz resolution.
IGEL UD2 key specifications:
- Processor: Intel Atom x5-E8000 quad-core
- RAM: 2GB DDR3L
- Flash memory: 4GB onboard eMMC
- Chipset: Intel HD
- Video memory: 128-512MB
- Ports: 2x DisplayPort 1.1 a
- Network: 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet
- Serial: 1 x optional, via USB-to-serial adapter
- Parallel: 1 x optional, via USB-to-parallel adapter
- LAN: 1 x back
- USB 2.0: 3 x back
- SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.2 gen.1): 2 x front
- Security lock1 x back
- DxWxH: 155 x 57 x 183 mm with foot stand
- Weight: 0.71 kg with foot stand
The new IGEL UD2 comes verified for IGEL Workspace addition that is managed through the IGEL Universal management Suite. This gives organizations automated backend control to securely manage the thin clients.
The IGEL UD2 is available now.