August 8th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
Newisys Announces NSS2560, 56 NVMe Drive 2U Sever
Newisys announced its new storage server that can fit 56, 2.5” (U.2) NVMe drives in a 2U form factor, the NSS2560. The NSS2560 offers high availability with dual, hot-swappable server modules. The company is also touting some performance numbers of 50GB/s and 12.5 million IOPS on the right configuration.
NVMe technology has brought massive performance boosts to SSDs while dramatically reducing latency. NVMe promises even great density in the future but for now, users will need to just fit more drives into the same space. Newisys answer to this is its new 2U server, NSS2560, that can fit 56 U.2, NVMe drives through side-loading. Not only does this bring greater density and potentially higher performance, the company states the server is highly available with hot-swappable server modules and as well as fully redundant architecture.
- Record-breaking performance: 50 GB/s (reads) over four 100Gb Ethernet ports, 12.5 million IOPs (reads) and 64 GB/s bandwidth to drives between both servers.
- Unmatched NVMe storage density and capacity: Patented side-load design houses fifty-six 2.5 inch NVMe drives in a 2U form factor, enabling high performance storage of up to 1.68PB (includes both dual-node server modules).
- Low latency: Takes full advantage of NVMe technology, resulting in low-latency across the drives, the system and between server nodes.
- Balanced system architecture for non-blocking performance: Providing 32 PCIe lanes to the NVMe drives, and 32 PCIe lanes to the network.
- High availability (HA) enterprise-grade platform: Enabled by dual-ported, hot-swappable NVMe drives and a fully redundant architecture.
- Efficient and cost effective platform for best possible TCO: Provides a smaller footprint and the highest density and capacity for improved OPEX. Provides a balanced system with no over-provisioning for the lowest CAPEX.
The Newisys NSS2560 is shipping now.