September 8th, 2012 by Mark Kidd
OWC Introduces Mercury AccelsiorM PCIe 2.0 mSATA Controller Card
Other World Computing has introduced the Mercury AccelsiorM half-height PCIe controller card for 50mm mSATA SSDs. The AccelsiorM is ACHI-compliant and can serve as a boot drive for both Windows and Mac systems. OWC has designed the AccelsiorM card to accelerate media production, gaming, and other I/O-intensive applications at a consumer price point.
The AccelsiorM is the first ACHI Mac-bootable PCIe 2.0 controller card to market, offering users a maximum transfer speed of 380MB/s, depending on system configuration and the specifications of the mSATA SSD.
- Controller: Asmedia 1061
- Drive Supported: One 50mm MO-300B mSATA SSD
- Form Factor: Low Profile PCI Express
- Interface: PCIe 2.0 x1
- Sustained Reads (up to): 380MB/s
- Sustained Writes (up to): 380MB/s
- Operating System Compatibility:
- Windows Vista and higher
- Windows Server 2008 and higher
- Mac OS X 10.6 and higher
- Mac OS X Server 10.6 and higher
- Ubuntu Linux 9.04 and higher
- Fedora Linux 14 and higher
The Mercury AccelsiorM PCIe controller card is currently available from OWC starting at $33.97 for the bare card.