October 12th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Pivot3 Unveils Edge Office For SMB & ROBO
Pivot3 announced its new hyperconverged solution for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB) and remote and branch offices (ROBO), Edge Office. As with most hyperconverged solutions, Edge Office consolidates compute and storage components into a single, highly-efficient, flexible and scalable infrastructure, which would be ideal for the needs of SMB and ROBO.
Data is becoming ever more important in the modern world and for SMB and ROBO, there is typically only a small staff to handle all of the IT needs. Large companies also need effective remote management capabilities and centralized data protection. Pivot3 is releasing Edge Office to address the above concerns. The new solution combines compute, storage and networking in what Pivot3 is calling a simple and affordable hyperconverged infrastructure solution. And they go on to state that the new solution can be managed by a single IT generalist.
Not only will Pivot3’s Edge Office deliver a HCI solution that can help SMB and ROBO by being easier to use and more affordable, the solutions are offered in pre-configured packs or customers can design their own based around their needs. The nodes are used to create clusters that are capable of scaling to over 38TB of raw capacity available to all the VMs and applications on the cluster.
- Enterprise-class storage: The storage capacity from each node is aggregated into a shared pool for better performance and utilization that’s available to every VM in the cluster.
- Maximum resource utilization: The Pivot3 vSTAC operating system is highly efficient, consuming under 10% of system resources and providing more resources for improved application performance.
- Advanced fault tolerance: Pivot3’s patented erasure coding protects applications from disk and/or node failure scenarios, with favorable capacity utilization.
- Powerful, industry-leading virtualization: Edge Office is based on the proven VMware ESXi hypervisor with management through the familiar vCenter Server interface and seamless integration with VMware or VMware eco-system management solutions.
- Data protection and disaster recovery: The product is validated and compatible with leading data protection and recovery solutions including Veeam, Zerto, VMware, and CommVault.
- Award-winning support: Edge Office packs include premium three-year hardware and software support and subscription service.
Edge Office is available now in modular hyperconverged nodes, ranging from 1.6TB to 6.4TB of raw storage capacity. Edge Office is also available in pre-configured, easy-to-deploy, promotionally priced starter packs sized to support specific use cases.